What's new

Maca Root shaving creme

Need some help please. I bought some of the Maca Root creme and I loved everything about it. The smell, the lather, the slickness, and the way my face felt after using it. The creme appeared to be quit fluffy and snow white, with almost a sheen to it.
Well over a period of a few months, I purchased three more tubs of it off of our BST. These were not bought from the same person or during the same time. Two of the tubs were of a light tan color and there was no sheen to it. They were partially used. What happened to these two tubs. I made a comment to one of the sellers and that person just let it role off of his back. In other words, he ignored that there was a problem with the creme.
Now to be fair, the two still had the same wonderful smell and made great lather, just like the new one I purchased.
Does anyone have any explanation as to the color or the luster. Is it possibly old or spoiled?
Thanks for any and all help.
romo

Every tub of Maca Root I've ever purchased had a yellow/ beige like tint to it. I have two tubs in my cabinet now and both look a tad different from one another. Not much, but there is some difference. When using natural products such as the maca root, expect some differences from batch to batch. The important thing is that it performs correctly. I would suspect both are just fine.

Thanks Rick. It works great, but just has a different appearance.
i feel better now.

Romo

I have never encountered a discolored Maca Root cream, I'm guessing you're referring to the Body Shop variety. But rickboone1 has a good point there. Unless a cream smells funny or is oily, its usable even if fairly dry.

My TBS original formula has a beige color to it, which has not changed over time. I do have some of their Maca Root cream, which as yet is unopened.

Tabac soap developed a little brownish crust around the edges when it sat dormant during the summer, but after one use it sprang right back to life and resumed its original ivory color.

I wouldn't worry too much about the color of your Maca cream ... its the performance that counts, and as long as that remains constant, you should be OK.

Yeah my girlfriend bought me the shaving cream right from the Body Shop and it is beigey and somewhat shiny. Performs and smells lovely, no problems with it.

Original is BROWNY and SPICY smelling, a little softer and runny

Maca is WHITE and SOAPY smelling, a litter harder like really soft soap.

my ORIGINAL was repackaged by me, but you can see the difference in these pics of mine...just taken.

$IMG_4057.jpg$IMG_4058.jpg$IMG_4059.jpg

Don't sweat it!

I have several tubes of Maca Root. It starts off very bright white when it is first opened, as it goes along it seems to develop a tanish tinge to it. It has never affected performance that I have noticed.

Jay

I really like it especially for the price, I got 2 tubes and a tub of it for like 12 bucks from the body shop. They always have a coupons and deals going so its usually a great buy.

Top Bottom