What's new

Luxury Men Shave Gel

Hello, I was in a Dollar store the other day and found a shave gel, which for $1.25, I thought I would give a try. To my surprise it gave a pretty decent shave, but the aroma was so strong my eyes watered. The stuff is called Luxury Men Shave Gel, and I see it on ebay only. This is my first gel, but I like the easy of use. I'd like to ask for opinions on other shave gels that won't break the bank and are less "perfumy". Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Shave gel.jpg
    Shave gel.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 13

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Very interesting, is it a brushless product or did you whip some on a brush?

The instructions simply state "apply gel to face, shave, rinse blade occasionally". So no, no brushing or anything. Since the gel is clear I had a bit of difficulty figuring out exactly where I left off after rinsing my blade. Thanks.

If you're into gels that you just apply straight onto the face, then King of Shaves or Sukin are the best I've used. KoS has a tea tree and eucalyptus type scent and the Sukin gel is more of a citrus and amber with some spice scent. Both meant to just be rubbed onto wet skin and not lathered up with a brush. I prefer KoS personally, i don't really like citrus forward scents

This gel sell for $7 on eBay and $10 at Wallmart, so it isn't cheap! I bought my 7oz. tube at the Dollar store also. I think I only shaved with it once. I will try again tomorrow.

I usually shave with Edge or Gillette canned gel. I stock up when it is on sale. Same amount of product in the can, 7oz. as in the tube.

Following up...

I tried the Luxury Men Shave Gel earlier today, for perhaps the 2nd time?

I goes on clear and doesn't lather, making it difficult to see how much and where?

It does appear to be rather thin in consistency, as compared to Edge or Gillette gel from a can.

For the $1.25 that I paid for it, I have to say that it did a good job and is a good value for the money.

I didn't notice it having any particularly strong fragrance?

Good choice for those who need to clearly see what area they are shaving. King C. Gillette does offer their own clear gel at the drug store but for considerably more money.

Instead of foam, you get a super slick slippery surface. I used a Rocca R94 razor with the made in England London Bridge blade that I am using this week.

Shave experience was completely normal. Slickness easily washes away and doesn't linger like the Edge or Gillette canned gels.

It was sufficient to do my 2nd pass and touch-up without having to reapply.

Seems to be a mild product that easily washes away. Nothing to linger and no irritation.

Top Bottom