What's new

Lustray Blue Spice - the barber made me do it.

So I got a haircut this past Friday at a place I've never been to but read good reviews about. Got a great cut and will be returning.

After the barber shaved the back of my neck and above the ears (hot shave cream, straight razor), he sprayed a blue aftershave into his hands and applied. The scent was terrific and the cooling sensation was very nice. So I had to ask, and he replied, "Blue Spice". So of course I got the "itch":w00t: and had to look this stuff up when I got home. A Clubman product, very reasonably priced. What's not to like?

The clincher was when the wife got close and said that she liked it. Done. Order placed.

Now to find some room on the bathroom vanity put this one ......

Did you get the gallon?
$raygal.jpg

I got the gallon a few months ago, but then I wasted it all when I accidentally poured it into the windshield washer tank on my truck. :lol: At least my truck has never smelled better.

Last edited:
I always figured that this was just an AV clone. Can you compare the difference?

To my sense of smell it's not even close to being a clone of AV. It has an exotic spice scent to it, without being perfume-like. Definitely a "barber shop" type scent, it was not out of place after a haircut.

I got the gallon a few months ago, but then I wasted it all when I accidentally poured it into the windshield washer tank on my truck. :lol: At least my truck has never smelled better.

LOL! How does it work for melting the ice off the windshield?

Try the Spice.

Bill
Can't. No more room in the shave den for another bottle. Ummmm, well maybe we can squeeze in one more. :blush:

Lustray blue spice has a warm floral and peppery opening, dries to a woody, incense type smell. No where near an Aqua Velva clone. I got some of this about two years ago-smells different than anything I have tried previously. Recommend to anyone liking spicy lotions.

I got the Bay Rum last winter at Petrucelli beauty supply store. Love, love the scent but it has very little staying power (that's by design). Lustray products are perfect for barber shops but if you want something stronger I would suggest to try something else.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Reviving an old thread...I bought the Lustray Blue Spice and the Lustray Spice. They arrived yesterday. Used the Blue Spice today...not bad! For an inexpensive splash, not bad at all. This just made my rotation! Will check out the Spice tomorrow.

Reviving an old thread...I bought the Lustray Blue Spice and the Lustray Spice. They arrived yesterday. Used the Blue Spice today...not bad! For an inexpensive splash, not bad at all. This just made my rotation! Will check out the Spice tomorrow.
What do the blue and spice smell like? I am hopeful the Spice smells like the old Skin Bracer Cool Spice.I loved that scent!

JCarr

Both have what I would consider a barbershop type scent to them. I used the Blue Spice today as it appealed to my nose a bit more than did the Spice. I'll reserve the description of the Spice for tomorrow after I've applied it.

The Blue Spice has a very mild spiciness to it and a mild sweetness also...dries down to a noticeable, but not overwhelming by any means, pleasant scent. Reminiscent of a talcum/baby powder with a mild spiciness. For an inexpensive aftershave, it's really not bad. I put it on a couple of hours ago and I can still detect it. My wife gave it a thumbs up which is always nice.

JCarr

Today was Lustray Spice. I wasn't as impressed with the Spice as I was with the Blue Spice. That having been said, like the Blue Spice, the Spice is not bad for an inexpensive splash. I would have to say that neither one has any real face food and neither one gave me a tingle, nevermind a warming sensation...so...take that for what it is. But on scent, both are pleasing.

I read in a review of the Spice aftershave that it was like a mild Pinaud VIBR. I do detect that faintly. There are elements of VIBR in it...which is probably why some reviews I read spoke of it as a mild Bay Rum. If to you, VIBR is Bay Rum, then you would consider this a mild Bay Rum. But, to my nose, much more than VIBR, it has a barbershop tonic kind of smell...unique, but nice.

Yesterday I found that the Blue Spice had some decent longevity without being overpowering at any time. Will see how the Spice fares in that regard today. I suspect it will fade quickly and disappear. I know from experience that Pinaud VIBR is gone in 5-10 minutes. Some folks want that in an aftreshave while others can't stand that it disappears quickly. I suppose we have to keep in mind that aftershaves aren't really supposed to linger long.

Happy Shaves!

I read in a review of the Spice aftershave that it was like a mild Pinaud VIBR. I do detect that faintly. There are elements of VIBR in it...which is probably why some reviews I read spoke of it as a mild Bay Rum. If to you, VIBR is Bay Rum, then you would consider this a mild Bay Rum. But, to my nose, much more than VIBR, it has a barbershop tonic kind of smell...unique, but nice.

Interesting, this sounds almost exactly like what I remember Skin Bracer Cool Spice smelling like... a mix of Bay Rum and Old Spice "powdery" - maybe it's close enough to warrant a try..

Top Bottom