What's new

Lupo stainless?

Shark super Chrome is a great pairing for a Lupo 72
Thanks and yeah have those :)

I did try the yellow 7 blade today but still the blade feel and comfort was horrible compared to my Timeless and GC 68/84

the GC 84 plate first shave was one of my best ever in comfort blown away how good and efficient it was for me :) just enough blade feel compared to my timeless 68 which for me has none :)
The timeless also WOW first shave and every one since in ultra comfort ultra feedback etc

this lupo not being comfy is like my rex ambassador not comfy over 3 no matter what or how many times or months never gets better :)
just not a fan of aggressive or blade feel type razors I reckon :)

which again is good to know what you do not like as much as it is to know what you do like :)

Last edited:
Thanks and yeah have those :)

I did try the yellow 7 blade today but still the blade feel and comfort was horrible compared to my Timeless and GC 68/84

the GC 84 plate first shave was one of my best ever in comfort blown away how good and efficient it was for me :) just enough blade feel compared to my timeless 68 which for me has none :)
The timeless also WOW first shave and every one since in ultra comfort ultra feedback etc

this lupo not being comfy is like my rex ambassador not comfy over 3 no matter what or how many times or months never gets better :)
just not a fan of aggressive or blade feel type razors I reckon :)

which again is good to know what you do not like as much as it is to know what you do like :)
7 O'clock yellow (SharpEdge), Nacet and Minora Stainless are my favorites for the Lupo 72 and 95 but yeah, I hear you on the blade feel.

The thing is, I enjoy blade feel after migrating back to DEs from straights but the Lupo is a different animal compared the the GC 84. I sold off my Timeless 68 and use the lupo 95 for most shaves these days. I still pull out the GC 84 on occasion after have used that one exclusively for about 6 months straight after I bought it. It's a sweet razor... pure auto pilot, smooth and comfortable but I guess it just boils down to what you enjoy personally and want from your razor.

7 O'clock yellow (SharpEdge), Nacet and Minora Stainless are my favorites for the Lupo 72 and 95 but yeah, I hear you on the blade feel.

The thing is, I enjoy blade feel after migrating back to DEs from straights but the Lupo is a different animal compared the the GC 84. I sold off my Timeless 68 and use the lupo 95 for most shaves these days. I still pull out the GC 84 on occasion after have used that one exclusively for about 6 months straight after I bought it. It's a sweet razor... pure auto pilot, smooth and comfortable but I guess it just boils down to what you enjoy personally and want from your razor.
Yeah I can see why folks love them as they do give such a good shave that lasts :)
and its nice looking good angles etc... but for me to much blade :)
I can see why folks love blade feel just not me

jumped back to my GC 84 for a few days and yeah much more comfy for me :)
I actually did a side by side with my timeless 68 comb today think that is my fav of favs but the GC 84 is so close and for the price difference that is impressive the Timeless offers feedback the GC does not :) so still prefer that I reckon
the Wolfman will be on my list kinda thinking the 1.05 ? got time though :)
But first the Timeless 95 plate is my next purchase :) and that will go up against the GC 84 plate and whatever wins moves forward :)
try out the Lupo next week give my face a rest :) hahahahaha

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yaqi has a razor head that is similar to the Lupo. The head retails for about $38 USD
I was looking at that one also(Telstar head) and Yaqi tolerances are not the same as other known Mfg's IMO. The finish is not the high quality as Razorock because you can see machining marks still and not sure what the aggression efficentcy is also because it is like a proto type. Yaqi does a small batch and lets them go and then sees what the customers mention. I bought one of their Stainless steel heads that kind of looks like a Henson style razor, but Henson QC is much more stringent and your getting what you expect is my conclusion. But you never know, you might get rewarded with a true winner or a total different experience.

I’m not going to lie to those who just keep asking the same old question every single time. Stop being a wimp and buy the damn thing! It works. Really, really well.

Lupo .95. That’s all you need to know. To those that know, I salute you. Carry on….

04882B43-921C-4B52-881E-F00FB9241FC9.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’m not going to lie to those who just keep asking the same old question every single time. Stop being a wimp and buy the damn thing! It works. Really, really well.

Lupo .95. That’s all you need to know. To those that know, I salute you. Carry on….

If you are not looking to spend $200-plus on a high end razor, the Lupo 95 is an excellent choice indeed! It gets most of the way there for a third of the cost of a lot of similar shaving high end razors.

As said above stop being a wimp and buy it ! I agree !!!!!

todays Lupo 72 shave was much nicer than my previous ones
I used a feather (2nd use one) in it and was much much better !
will be trying the 95 with feather also as I compare the two plates for my face :)

I was using blades that my worked great in my GC ? But they are not working in the Lupo :) the thread has been great input for sure !

So far the Lupo still has more blade feel than I like :) a great razor just maybe not for me ?

But without buying it and trying it I would never know and I will keep at it for a while and try more blades and so on ! So not done yet :)

IMHO the RR are best bang for buck razors out there !

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
You're tempting me with this Game Changer .84 razor thing.

My Game Changer .84 arrived today. Bought the base and top cap. I'll be shaving with it tomorrow morning. First visual impressions...well made...overall design reminds me of my Wolfman WR1 head. Interesting. Will be putting it on a West Coast Shaving stainless steel 4" handle for the first shave.

My Game Changer .84 arrived today. Bought the base and top cap. I'll be shaving with it tomorrow morning. First visual impressions...well made...overall design reminds me of my Wolfman WR1 head. Interesting. Will be putting it on a West Coast Shaving stainless steel 4" handle for the first shave.
how is the GC ? curious what ya think :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Indeed.

It occurs to me you'd love the ATT Windsor. Extremely smooth + more efficient than you'd perhaps guess. Especially the CM1 for mild and smooth and surprisingly efficient, but they all feel darn good.

12-16-21.CM1.Vitos.Jade.640.JPG

I use the older CM1, CR1, and SH1, but the newer Windsors are also great and very similar from what I've read.

I use the SS Windsor Pro cap and a Tibam Radiator titanium in a custom ~80 mm length, but the Atlas handle is great too.

To me the GC beats the Lupo. Smoother.

Happy shaves,

Jim

so the other day put a Gillette platinum blade in the Lupo 72 and a feather and feather did OK in the 72
and yeah was really good for comfort I do think I go a bit slower more careful than the timeless I am used to but not my best shave not my worst my only thought was maybe a 2 pass and not do the ATG could be OK again for the learning I am going to keep playing but do think its not for me ? Wolfman .95 says it should be here 23rd :) will be fun to see what that does
also used my go to fav the timeless 68 comb and wow comfort but for sure less efficient !

NOW jump to today and the Lupo 95 thought hmmmmm put the same Gillette Platinum in it cause that blade just works for me in everything I put it in :) but decided to try feather and YIKES no go for me but glad I tried it

did ATG I think on the Lupo and feather I am going to say NO to ATG and just do WTG and XTG one way then XTG the other way see how that treats me :) the thing does shave so well and so close though again I can see why folks love it and aggressive razors

just my Swedish by decent 58yr old abused in sun on boats most my life baby smooth skin red/blonde hair that is now 2/3 grey does not handle that aggressive I am just to soft skinned :) hahahahahahah
the upside to that skin I look way way younger than folks ever guess always has been that way :)

Indeed.

It occurs to me you'd love the ATT Windsor. Extremely smooth + more efficient than you'd perhaps guess. Especially the CM1 for mild and smooth and surprisingly efficient, but they all feel darn good.

View attachment 1381843

I use the older CM1, CR1, and SH1, but the newer Windsors are also great and very similar from what I've read.

I use the SS Windsor Pro cap and a Tibam Radiator titanium in a custom ~80 mm length, but the Atlas handle is great too.

To me the GC beats the Lupo. Smoother.

Happy shaves,

Jim
yeah for me the Lupo has been to much for me since day one :) but again its an amazing shave that last more than any other shave ! but like ultra hot sauce just not for me :)

the GC has been comfy both 68 and 84 since day one use and even the bad blades are OK in it :)

I love love love that dual tone look ! my Yates has that and kinda wanted to do something like that in another razor for fun :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like it. Not sure of I like it as much as my Lupo razors, but it's got potential for sure. Will be keeping it in the rotation. Appreciate your insights on it.
I have a Razorock Game changer .84 and I found mine a tame mid range as I used it more when they first introduced this model, the quality is hands down very good.
Accuracy of machining & QC in Razorock razors they put out are excellent in a very competive market place at a good price, I have a Wunderbar slant and the machining is just amazing with a excellent finish to boot.
What I do with the RR GC.84 to make it more to my liking is just slip in a Kai SS extra wide blade to bring it up a notch in aggression and efficentcy and I'm one happy camper with that combination of razor & blade .
Some folks who have sensitive skin like the RR GC .68 or .84 it seems and so that is a good product for those folks with skin issues and have to be shaved for work daily.
The Lupo.72 or .95 are just a little better design and are a nice mid range IMO, I do a 2 pass with a Lupo.72 with pickups(3pass almost) and done, WTG + ATG + pickups. The Game changer with a regular blade is more a daily driver for most folks and will not over shave the skin and folks like that daily routine of shaving IMO(folks love the RR GC razors for this reason).
Two ways to possibly look at shaving are less passes using a good mid range or more passes with tamer razor with pickups.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Ron @Ron R brings up some very good points.

We very infrequently add to our comments anything about our skin or about how often we shave, at least relative to how many comments there are to read. Those are huge factors.

I'd agree with Ron that the Lupo is a better design than the GC, but I like the GC better.

I have somewhat sensitive skin compared to some other gentlemen. I also shave most every day.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have the RR Lupo stainless 0.72 and 0.95 as well as the SS DLC. The RR Gamechanger 0.68, 0.84, and 0.84 JAWS are also in my den. I think they are all great shavers that provide excellent value. The SS Lupo 0.72 and 0.95 are the classiest design in my eyes.

When DEs are up in the rotation, the Lupo 0.72 probably gets the most face time. I shave 5-6 days a week and my skin tends to be somewhat sensitive. So, that makes sense to me given recent comments to the thread.

I bought them all! 😁(except the dual comb)

I have the RR Lupo stainless 0.72 and 0.95 as well as the SS DLC. The RR Gamechanger 0.68, 0.84, and 0.84 JAWS are also in my den. I think they are all great shavers that provide excellent value. The SS Lupo 0.72 and 0.95 are the classiest design in my eyes.

When DEs are up in the rotation, the Lupo 0.72 probably gets the most face time. I shave 5-6 days a week and my skin tends to be somewhat sensitive. So, that makes sense to me given recent comments to the thread.

I bought them all! 😁(except the dual comb)
How would you compare the 84 Jaws? I have the 68 Jaws, 64p, 84p and the Lupo 72

Top Bottom