What's new

Lupo stainless?

Also, does the dummy thicc clamping surface make shaving steep smoother than with your other DE favorites used the same way?

I haven't used the number of razors that many members here have, nor I have used the $300+ high end razors that I see mentioned sometimes. However I am "blessed" with copper wire beard and a growth pattern that's all over the place. And NO, I don't have sensitive skin :laugh:

I cannot help you with angles since I am not really paying attention to them, I just do what feels best.

Some razors that are considered mid level aggression and above are serviceable for me. I even was perfectly happy with my Merkur 23 for years before stepping into the rabbit hole. I tried what is considered a widow maker (R41) and I found it very agreeable.

Now that I have a choice of few razors (thanks B&B for all the enabling!) I find that I tend to gravitate towards designs that leave a small portion of the blade unclamped, ie the distance from the cutting edge to the support point. The other school of thought, say the likes of the R41, that rely on tension to fix the cutting edge leave something to be desired.

I try to avoid going against the grain but sometimes I do it subconsciously chasing BBS. For my beard, just tension does not do it. Another place where I can measure the effectiveness is on my lower neck. Against the grain is out of the question there, but still the firmly clamped design (Fatip, Lupo) manage to get everything with fewer strokes.

So, to recap, for my case the dummy clamping surface really makes a difference! The Lupo .95 is the best compromise between smoothness and efficiency for me, with the Fatip open comb a close second.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Although I have both - 72 and 95 - I can't really give an opinion in regards to cap surfing (riding the cap?). For me the Lupo seems to shine using a steeper angle. Indeed, the snug clamping of the blade towards the end gives me very smooth shaves and especially ATG is one of the best. Similar to my Fatip grande and nowhere near as jittery as my Rocca r95 going ATG. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Anything providing a smooth ATG experience at a steep angle is a great razor to know about. Your comparison of it to the Grande and Rocca is also helpful.

I haven't used the number of razors that many members here have, nor I have used the $300+ high end razors that I see mentioned sometimes. However I am "blessed" with copper wire beard and a growth pattern that's all over the place. And NO, I don't have sensitive skin

Anything that takes down wiry whiskers without you intentionally going ATG sounds very effective.

So, to recap, for my case the dummy clamping surface really makes a difference! The Lupo .95 is the best compromise between smoothness and efficiency for me, with the Fatip open comb a close second.

Thank you for that information. And another comparison to a Fatip open comb. I gotta get back to using the Fatip steep.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, September 30th 2021- I have the 2nd Gen Lupo.72 & it just keeps cranking out stellar shaves the way I use any razor (riding the cap and some minor riding the bar). It is a great razor and 100 years from now people will still be talking about it IMO.

Razor: Razorock(I.B) 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, very carefree shave, stellar results mostly & I enjoy using it.
Blade: Polsilver SI (3) great blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild scent of Bayrum with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel skin cleaning+ Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( :thumbup: scentless).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD,  Sep 30th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I was very impressed with my first use of the lupo dc.
My shave included Proraso preshave. Tallow+steel shikoku. And the short vintage handle. I shaved one side on the oc and the other on the sb. With a 3 pass shave on each side. The small handle actually had me focus more I had the feeling of I wasn’t paying close attention I’d drop the razor. Doing each side also helped me focus. The shave was fantastic. Both sides. No issues. Granted t+s is high on cushion and slickness but I’m very impressed overall. No real major differences with the sb and oc strangely enough. Both sides were very smooth. Slight increase on alum feedback on the oc side but really negligible. I couldn’t tell much difference between the oc and sb. Not sure if I’m an outlier here on that part of it. I felt like the oc was a tad smoother but I prefer oc anyway. Looking forward to round 2. I waited to get a lupo but I’m glad I did. Thanks for the many reviews abd the folks who answered my questions. 👍🏻

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I was very impressed with my first use of the lupo dc.
My shave included Proraso preshave. Tallow+steel shikoku. And the short vintage handle. I shaved one side on the oc and the other on the sb. With a 3 pass shave on each side. The small handle actually had me focus more I had the feeling of I wasn’t paying close attention I’d drop the razor. Doing each side also helped me focus. The shave was fantastic. Both sides. No issues. Granted t+s is high on cushion and slickness but I’m very impressed overall. No real major differences with the sb and oc strangely enough. Both sides were very smooth. Slight increase on alum feedback on the oc side but really negligible. I couldn’t tell much difference between the oc and sb. Not sure if I’m an outlier here on that part of it. I felt like the oc was a tad smoother but I prefer oc anyway. Looking forward to round 2. I waited to get a lupo but I’m glad I did. Thanks for the many reviews abd the folks who answered my questions. 👍🏻

You're not imagining things. .95SB and .72OC don't really feel that far off. I notice the .95SB more on my jawline, so I slow down some. But other than that...super auto-pilot shaves!

Lupo 95 SOTD
SOTD-L-W_2021-10-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (6)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very nice shave! :biggrin:

I keep on coming back to my Lupo 95. I have plenty great DE Razors but the 95 (on its GT handle) is my number one sweetheart for sure... well, currently that is. :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Lupo 95 SOTD
SOTD-L-W_2021-10-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (6)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very nice shave! :biggrin:

I keep on coming back to my Lupo 95. I have plenty great DE Razors but the 95 (on its GT handle) is my number one sweetheart for sure... well, currently that is. :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
What is the gt handle?
Nice set up!

What is the gt handle?
My design GT Handle is 75mm long, 14mm diameter, and completely hollow. The one in the pic above is all aluminum and weighs 14g.

I also have a slightly heavier one with M4.5 threading for my Fatips:

Fatip-GT-Special-Prototype_2021-07-03.jpg

It has an aluminum tube centerpiece and aluminum bronze nose and tail pieces. Excellent handles made by my good friend (and fellow Lightweight Handle Fanboy) Doug (@Rosseforp)... a master machinist.
Nice set up!
Thank you. :001_smile

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My design GT Handle is 75mm long, 14mm diameter, and completely hollow. The one in the pic above is all aluminum and weighs 14g.

View attachment 1340676

It has an aluminum tube centerpiece and aluminum bronze nose and tail pieces. Excellent handles made by my good friend (and fellow Lightweight Handle Fanboy) Doug (@Rosseforp)... a master machinist.

Excellent looks great

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

View attachment 1340676

I did have to make three aluminum bronze nosepieces before I got it right!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 21, 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent razor clamping blade design, approximately 1- 2/1000 of a inch positive blade exposure, really easy to manipulate over the face and just a joy to use for my beard type. #1 DE razor with a GSB for myself out of my harem of DE razors.
Blade: Gillette silver blue(4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, Nice Vanilla+ light tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities. Very nice and a nicer scent than their aftershave IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm, scentless.(Excellent)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD, Oct 21, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

All the best!What comes around goes around in time

Last edited:
I'm sure someone has already asked this, but does anyone know how the Lupo aluminum compares to the .72 or .95 in terms of blade gap or feel? I've been using the Lupo aluminum for over a year and really like it, but am curious about the SS version.
On my Lupo Aluminum, using a feeler gauge, held at right angles to the handle, with a Feather blade, I measure 0.40 mm.

I know it's a broken record and blah, blah, blah....
What can I tell you? It works, plain & simple. Lupo .95 & a Feather equals a very efficient yet quite forgiving shave if you have solid shave technique. No, you don't need to be a Wu-Tang Clan White Lotus Master to excel with it or a graduate disciple of the Shaolin Monk 36th Chamber Sifu. I enjoy the .95, others enjoy the .72 and another group gets it with the DC .72/.95 set up. For the $$$, it covers the range of shavers extraordinarily well.

Not perfect as nothing is in the shave realm but, it's a really, really good line from Razorock.

Great shaves to all....

20211128_074718.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
... It works, plain & simple....
Not perfect as nothing is in the shave realm but, it's a really, really good line from Razorock.

Agree 100%. I left my arsenal of Wolfmen and Charcoal Goods razors home while on a two week road trip leading up the Thanksgiving holiday. I had my trusty Lupo 95 with me. That razor just gets it done. Nice close shaves. Great looking bit of kit as well. If I didnt have a bunch of high zoot fancy schmancy razors, I would be perfectly happy with the Lupo atop my regular rotation. But I do have the fancy schmany, so it get booted to travel duty exclusively. Although most of its Razorock brothers and sisters have already been sent to the BST or PIF'ed locally, so in that regard I would call it a keeper. I still keep a GC 84p, and the Wunderbar around, but they dont get a tenth the action my Lupo 95 sees.

Top Bottom