What's new

Lupo stainless?

I know it's a broken record and blah, blah, blah....
What can I tell you? It works, plain & simple. Lupo .95 & a Feather equals a very efficient yet quite forgiving shave if you have solid shave technique. No, you don't need to be a Wu-Tang Clan White Lotus Master to excel with it or a graduate disciple of the Shaolin Monk 36th Chamber Sifu. I enjoy the .95, others enjoy the .72 and another group gets it with the DC .72/.95 set up. For the $$$, it covers the range of shavers extraordinarily well.

Not perfect as nothing is in the shave realm but, it's a really, really good line from Razorock.

Great shaves to all....

View attachment 1369423
Agreed. And to boot, the aluminum Lupo can round out the lineup as a mild option. I keep one around for when my face needs some tenderness.

Does the Aluminum Lupo and the SS versions feel similar (not the efficiency, just talking about the feel) or are they different beasts? If one already owns the Aluminum Lupo, is it worth it to explore the other models or is it better to go exploring somewhere else?

so first shave with the Lupo 72 and yeah steep angle for sure like I read so was ready for that :)
also like I read its super efficient 6 pm and face is on the smoother side of all my razors and might even be smoother than the rex which I do not like as to much blade feel :)

now the shave was not comfy a few weepers but its first shave and am used to my timeless 68 or the GC 68 so more mild less blade feel razors
I also got a GC 84 which I loved and found the first shave was near the all time top one of those WOW shaves

see what tomorrow brings with the Lupo and another blade had blue personal platinums in it today which are one of my go to :)

no matter what glad I got both the 72 and 95 Lupo and will give them a good try as this is the only way to know :)

The Lupo does indeed love the Steep angle (SASA proper shaving). Remember my first shave with the Lupo and feeling the slight blade feel for the first time. Odd that you got weepers on the first go as I find the first shave with any razor is usually one of the best due to being carful and not knowing what to expect. Must be down to the NO pressure etc....

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
so first shave with the Lupo 72 and yeah steep angle for sure like I read so was ready for that :)
also like I read its super efficient 6 pm and face is on the smoother side of all my razors and might even be smoother than the rex which I do not like as to much blade feel :)

now the shave was not comfy a few weepers but its first shave and am used to my timeless 68 or the GC 68 so more mild less blade feel razors
I also got a GC 84 which I loved and found the first shave was near the all time top one of those WOW shaves

see what tomorrow brings with the Lupo and another blade had blue personal platinums in it today which are one of my go to :)

no matter what glad I got both the 72 and 95 Lupo and will give them a good try as this is the only way to know :)
I shave mostly with shallow technique (riding the cap) and some steep technique, I mostly listen to the razor telling me you are correctly shaving it seems while snipping whiskers.

this is my FIRST impressions which I think are fun to share and see how it changes :)

the blade feel of the GC 84 seemed perfect for me ! So the Lupo might be a bit over my comfort zone I want in a daily shaver ! I like shaving daily and not looking to shorten that fun :)
I prefer the 3 pass enjoy the lathering etc.. and prefer comfort over efficiency
as we know comfort is a YMMV thing :)

the lupo did such a great job I do have less to shave the next morning pro for some a con for me :) but it was the least growth next morning out of all my razors !

so today I did the 95 plate and got 3 tiny weepers :( still was fun to use the new toy !

this is my FIRST impressions which I think are fun to share and see how it changes :)

the blade feel of the GC 84 seemed perfect for me ! So the Lupo might be a bit over my comfort zone I want in a daily shaver ! I like shaving daily and not looking to shorten that fun :)
I prefer the 3 pass enjoy the lathering etc.. and prefer comfort over efficiency
as we know comfort is a YMMV thing :)

the lupo did such a great job I do have less to shave the next morning pro for some a con for me :) but it was the least growth next morning out of all my razors !

so today I did the 95 plate and got 3 tiny weepers :( still was fun to use the new toy !
Out of those razors, I find that I prefer the GC .84 for smoothness, efficiency and ease of use. I do like the refinements of the Lupo more, but for me the Lupo .72 is a close second to the GC .84. I found the Lupo .95 to be a little bit too aggressive for my skin even though I did appreciate the increase in efficiency.
I do intend on giving the Lupo more time to learn it's ways, but if I was in a hurry to shave and only had those to choose from, I would pick the GC .84 every time.
Of course, it is also early days for me too, and there is a possibility that my tastes may change over time.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Out of those razors, I find that I prefer the GC .84 for smoothness, efficiency and ease of use. I do like the refinements of the Lupo more, but for me the Lupo .72 is a close second to the GC .84. I found the Lupo .95 to be a little bit too aggressive for my skin even though I did appreciate the increase in efficiency.
I do intend on giving the Lupo more time to learn it's ways, but if I was in a hurry to shave and only had those to choose from, I would pick the GC .84 every time.
Of course, it is also early days for me too, and there is a possibility that my tastes may change over time.
I have a real fondness for the GC84-P. :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

You're tempting me with this Game Changer .84 razor thing.

Only 2 pass today and yeah this Lupo might be to much blade feel for me :)
GSB blade if I had gone more I could tell I was going to be irritated :)

have you tried the Astra Stainless or 7o'clock yellow (this might be too much though).

to funny I was in my drawer thinking hmmmmm and both of those and the nacet and feather and kai are in the pile to try :) not a fan of those in my mild but for sure have to try and try again :)

to funny I was in my drawer thinking hmmmmm and both of those and the nacet and feather and kai are in the pile to try :) not a fan of those in my mild but for sure have to try and try again :)
if GSB gave you irritation don't bother with the feather (but who knows). My go-to are the above two with the Lupo 95. Feather gives a super close shave, but I also get a bit of stinging from it.

Top Bottom