What's new

Lupo stainless?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm afraid I can't help you with that my friend. But, I'm sure a shave forum member will chime in soon enough. I think @Shavemd has talked a bit about comparing the two just no sure in this thread or another. Hopefully he'll jump in with some thoughts......
Thanks. I borrowed a WR1 for a week and thought it was a terrific shaver, but it's clearly out of my shaving kit budget, which is essentially an economic bailout plan for the good people at Simpsons. So if I could approximate the SR1 for less money I'd give it some serious thought.

When I compared the Lupo .72 SB vs. the .95 SB the smoothness of the shave was very similar but the .95 was definitely more efficient. I then compared the Lupo's to my WR1 Wolfman's with similar blade gap and the Wolfman's were smoother but the efficiency was close on the .72 vs .74 but the .94 WR1 beet the .95 Lupo in smoothness and efficiency. Now granted is the difference worth a 1 year waitlist and about $240, thats up to you to decide. Thankfully I bought my Wolfman's before the huge price increases.

When I compared the Lupo .72 SB vs. the .95 SB the smoothness of the shave was very similar but the .95 was definitely more efficient. I then compared the Lupo's to my WR1 Wolfman's with similar blade gap and the Wolfman's were smoother but the efficiency was close on the .72 vs .74 but the .94 WR1 beet the .95 Lupo in smoothness and efficiency. Now granted is the difference worth a 1 year waitlist and about $240, thats up to you to decide. Thankfully I bought my Wolfman's before the huge price increases.

You Da 'Man brother...

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Thanks for your post. Very interesting. I have the Lupo .72 SS SB and the Lupo SS Dual Comb. Haven't used the dual comb yet. At this point, I just need to find out if my daily shaver will end up being the .72 SB or the Dual Comb version.

Last edited:

JCarr

I ended up just keeping the Dual comb. I like to use the OC side for my first pass and the SB side for 2nd pass, and a few touchups.

I suspect the .95 SB will be mostly for WTG downward pass on face and neck and a side to side pass on the face and the .72 OC will be for the neck. Anyway...that's the plan. But I won't be using it until I get a whole week's worth of shaves in with the .72 SB version which has been absolutely brilliant after four shaves.

Okay, I know this is getting kind of repetitive, but here's another example of an absolutely
wonderful shave with my new Lupo .72 ----- simply to add to all you other fine gents who
are loving this razor. This evening's sublime shave included a magnificent face lather with
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum and my Yaqi Sagrada Familia, then three delightfully smooth and
comfortable passes with my Lupo (Bamboo handle) and a fresh Nacet blade, and finished off
with a zesty splash of B & M Bay Rum after shave. Pretty darn perfect BBS result !!!
All the accolades and applause that the Lupo .72 is receiving on our forums --- well deserved !

36B1F1E3-96FC-427D-8121-747D1FAD8035.jpeg

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Okay, I know this is getting kind of repetitive, but here's another example of an absolutely
wonderful shave with my new Lupo .72 ----- simply to add to all you other fine gents who
are loving this razor. This evening's sublime shave included a magnificent face lather with
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum and my Yaqi Sagrada Familia, then three delightfully smooth and
comfortable passes with my Lupo (Bamboo handle) and a fresh Nacet blade, and finished off
with a zesty splash of B & M Bay Rum after shave. Pretty darn perfect !!!
All the accolades and applause that the Lupo .72 is receiving on our forums --- well deserved !

View attachment 1238526
Today's shave with the Lupo left my face so nice and smooth that I'm worried my whiskers will never grow back! 😉

JCarr

with a zesty splash of B & M Bay Rum after shave. Pretty darn perfect BBS result !!!

View attachment 1238526

And that is a beauty setup right there...good stuff all around.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Thank you for the thoughtful response. If the Lupo can't pass for a Wolfman the question for me then becomes whether a new Lupo is better than each of the vintage Gillettes I currently own, and at that point my sloth kicks in. Thinking is just too darn hard.

JCarr

From this morning's post to the "Rate Your Shave" thread:

Fifth shave with the RazoRock Lupo .72 and Gillette Silver Blue. I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm getting to the point where...when I think about using a razor other than this Lupo...I wonder why I would even be bothered to entertain the idea. Five shaves in and this razor has won me over. And I haven't even used the dual comb version of it...that still has me excited. I may become a boring guy here on B&B and will be posting my daily shaves with only the software changing. However, deep down, this is where I wanted to get to. In any case, DFS/BBS...no injuries. Gillette Silver Blue is still fine after five shaves. I will be swapping it out for a fresh blade however...unwritten law of mine that after five shaves, change the blade.

From this morning's post to the "Rate Your Shave" thread:

Fifth shave with the RazoRock Lupo .72 and Gillette Silver Blue. I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm getting to the point where...when I think about using a razor other than this Lupo...I wonder why I would even be bothered to entertain the idea. Five shaves in and this razor has won me over. And I haven't even used the dual comb version of it...that still has me excited. I may become a boring guy here on B&B and will be posting my daily shaves with only the software changing. However, deep down, this is where I wanted to get to. In any case, DFS/BBS...no injuries. Gillette Silver Blue is still fine after five shaves. I will be swapping it out for a fresh blade however...unwritten law of mine that after five shaves, change the blade.

I'm starting to think exactly the same way, as I am getting
better shaves with my Lupo (with a Nacet) than with any
other razor in my collection. In fact, I'm thinking of buying
a second Lupo with a different handle, and then simply starting
a “Lupo only” two razor rotation. But then, ..... what do I do with
my Rockwell 6C, Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, and
Old Type ? Ahhhhh, ..... Life is good !

I received my Lupo 95 baseplate a couple days back and finally got around to loading it up and giving it a try.

The Lupo 72 is a good razor and the 95 makes it even better. I got a 3 pass shave with very minimal touch-ups BBS. No irritation and no nicks or cuts. The shave was very very good. I am not a fan of big gap razors and prefer a Tech, but that said, I will definitely be using the 95 baseplate along with the 72 on a regular basis. The razor is awesome.

The only minor quibble is that the 95 has marginal additional amount of blade feel if you go steep.

The 95 is a smooth shaver that gives you excellent results with minimal passes. I can't see a downside to it. Awesome razor!

Top Bottom