What's new

Lupo stainless?

An impressive first shave with the Razorock .95 SS Lupo. A very comfortable and highly efficient shave that had me done in 2.5 passes with a tiny weeper next to the Adam’s Apple but, a very satisfying BBS finish. Angle was easy to get from first stroke and keeping it there was practically second nature as if I’d been shaving with it for months. Not proclaiming it to be the best razor out nor the best in Razorock’s stable. Just a real good start to a long weeks worth of shaves with this impressive tool. Yes, I do have a poop eating grin in anticipation for the shaves to come....

Great evening and shaves to all....

24D2A79F-E224-4511-B6C6-EDE9482CE8CE.jpeg

An early morning shave that was done in 2 passes. No buffing or touch ups required. Not that I had much stubble from yesterday’s great shave but, enough to get a quick one in. The shave was drama free without any irritation or a weeper to speak of. I’m very impressed so far with the .95 Lupo and its performance. And honestly, I’m like a kid at a candy store chomping at the bit at some gum balls & swedish fish. Just in this case, I’m salivating over a new razor pick up and getting my shave on. My Misses says I’m nuts. I say to meself, “Naaahhhh”.

Then again, she is the rational thinking one of the two..... :a6:

712030C1-77E8-4B32-98E0-8ADF0D25CB8B.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The Lupos arrived yesterday...earlier than I had anticipated. I couldn't shave this morning...this weekend has been a veritable whirlwind. Looking forward to the shave tomorrow morning. First up...Gillette Silver Blue in the Lupo .72 SS SB. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the razor head. Won't be using the short handle that comes with it. Will be using something a bit longer...closer to 4".

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Do the SS Lupos come with the razor pouch like my Gamechanger did? I need a couple of extras but want to know if it’s going to be 2 or 2 + Lupo
Mine did not come with a pouch, I ordered some pelican type cases off of Ali _xpress just in case I want to protect my stainless steel razors, they are in wooden racks for now and that is the way they will be for now. I like to look at my razors(Out of sight out of mind) and there is truth to this old saying.

After a truly hectic night and day, I rewarded myself with a pm shave on about 56hr growth and first chance to use my new lather bowl. 😍

Lupo .95
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
DG original soap
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Two passes and a wee touch up left me feeling fine. Loving the blade feel of the 95 combined with the smoothness of the yellows. I may stay with the .72 for a daily and go .95 for when I have more than a days growth. Although admittedly, I had an irritation free shave... umm. Maybe my skills have just improved with the slightly more aggressive razors.

Final word... after trying quite a few different bay rum aftershaves, I really loving that PAA Atomic Age. Leans more toward pure bay leaf than the heavier, more clovey types. Great post shave face feel plus decent longevity.

Lupo_95.jpg

An impressive first shave with the Razorock .95 SS Lupo. A very comfortable and highly efficient shave that had me done in 2.5 passes with a tiny weeper next to the Adam’s Apple but, a very satisfying BBS finish. Angle was easy to get from first stroke and keeping it there was practically second nature as if I’d been shaving with it for months. Not proclaiming it to be the best razor out nor the best in Razorock’s stable. Just a real good start to a long weeks worth of shaves with this impressive tool. Yes, I do have a poop eating grin in anticipation for the shaves to come....

Great evening and shaves to all....

View attachment 1236304

Extra points for the Nuit D'lssey because I love me some Issey Miyake. My favorite is the Leau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense which I think is discontinued so I stocked up two more bottles that were on clearance sale. I love that stuff.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
After a truly hectic night and day, I rewarded myself with a pm shave on about 56hr growth and first chance to use my new lather bowl. 😍

Lupo .95
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
DG original soap
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Two passes and a wee touch up left me feeling fine. Loving the blade feel of the 95 combined with the smoothness of the yellows. I may stay with the .72 for a daily and go .95 for when I have more than a days growth. Although admittedly, I had an irritation free shave... umm. Maybe my skills have just improved with the slightly more aggressive razors.

Final word... after trying quite a few different bay rum aftershaves, I really loving that PAA Atomic Age. Leans more toward pure bay leaf than the heavier, more clovey types. Great post shave face feel plus decent longevity.

View attachment 1236826
Sounds awesome, but what about the bowl?! 😁

@Fred D
Ah yeah, lol. Would you believe I've been using a soup bowl for years? Drives the wife nuts so I finally broke down.

Wanted something ribbed and especially liked the looks of that Pereira Shavery one made in Portugal but WCS was out of stock except for white color. I wanted a darker color to better see the lather build up... you know, contrast man. The black and Terracotta came back in so I pounced. It's a lather machine even with my synth brush. Now the wife can just call me Mr. Fancy Pants. 😎

JCarr

(From my post this morning to the "Rate your Shave" thread)

First shave with the newly arrived Lupo .72 and the first shave with a Gillette Silver Blue. Will try my best to remain calm, but the result was the best I can recall in a long time. So...I'll just say at this early stage that I'm very pleased with this purchase. I'll be using this razor exclusively for a number of shaves to put it through its paces. The fit and finish of the razor are excellent. Was pleasantly surprised to find the profile of the razor head was on the slim side which I prefer. It looked that way in all of the member pictures that I've seen, but it's definitely a head that's on the slimmer side. This is the reason I don't use my Timeless razor more than I do...the bulky head is a bit of a turn-off for me. I'm not going to make any sweeping statements at this point or make any comparisons against any other razors I own...it's too early for that. I'll just say...this razor has me smiling. I'm not a fan of the RazoRock handles...most of the selection are too short for me. So I'm using a stainless steel West Coast Shaving handle that's near four inches in length. The Gillette Silver Blue feels great, more than sharp enough for my face and it feels smooth to me...no tugging at all. Again, like the razor, it's too early to make any bold statements, but it performed very high. I'll leave it at that. Great shave...DFS/BBS with no blood or injuries.

I can't remember the last time my neck felt this smooth after a shave, Witch Hazel and aftershave application. It's...surreal...

JCarr

Don’t worry !
You just got infected from
Lupo Virus ( LOVID-21 ) ...
You will carry it for life !

It was a very, very good shave. Like I said...my neck hasn't felt this smooth...ever. Will be using this razor exclusively for at least a week. Not even going to try the dual comb version until I've put the .72 SS SB through a number of shaves.

I've had to kick myself out of the FFFMM challenge because of this razor! It was delivered after the challenge had started and I tried to ignore until the end of the month but curiosity got the better of me and I had a shave with it. It was an excellent shave, a long lasting BBS with no irritation or weepers etc. It's the .95 gap and there is a bit of blade feel but in no way is it aggressive and could easily be used daily. I may have failed the challenge but I'm very pleased with the razor and looking forward to the next shave.

Top Bottom