What's new

Luc shaving journal

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The blade review process is now in motion with my Merkur 38c + Astra SP (India).

Yesterday, I used Martin de Candre with my Semogue 2020. I usually use my Rudy Vey brush. The lather wasn't exactly as good as I wanted it. The Semogue has a bigger knot (well, longer hair) so I was lacking a bit of product. I should stick to my RV brush, it's a workhorse!

The shave still resulted in a BBS. I will see tonight how the blade performs as it was tugging a bit which I never really had on a second shave using Astra. I'm 99% sure it's the lather.

Luc

Staff member
As a quick follow up, I took Martin de Candre out with the semogue. I loaded more product and there was zero issues.

I still reach for my RV brush more often. The Astra is still performing really well.

Luc

Staff member
A slightly different shave yesterday. On random occasions, my daughter will pick something for me to use for my shave. I usually keep the shame things but will switch the razor when the blade is due. I have a tray where I keep what I will use for the next shave. Yesterday, my bottle of aftershave was swapped.

Razor: Gillette Tech replated with RazoRock UFO handle
Blade: Astra SP India (7)
Brush: Semogue synthetic
Soap: Mickey Lee Grand Havana
A/S: Brut Splash On (made in Australia)
92FC53F0-0395-407C-B60F-CDE913FADE6F.jpeg

I was also told that I should (hint, not optional, by the same aftershave elf) use the Irish Countryside soap and aftershave for mother’s day(my wife’s favourite).

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
As planed, the Irish Countryside shave.

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .76 replated with HD handle
Blade: Astra SP India (1)
Brush: Semogue synthetic
Soap: Irish Countryside
A/S: Irish Countryside
38BBDB46-D608-451F-926B-BE09C7B16DDC.jpeg

Top Bottom