What's new

Low-rent incense

Oh! I just found the sampler packs...

BAIEIDO FLORAL AND SMOKELESS SAMPLER: Contains five sticks each of: Rose Sawayaka, Hinoki Cypress, Bikou, Kokonoe, Lavender Sawayaka, and Kokonoe Daffodil.

BAIEIDO MEDITATION INCENSE SAMPLER: Contains five sticks of each of: Syukokoku, Tokusen (Excellent) Syukohkoku, Kaden Kobunboku, Bikou Kobunboku, Kobunboku, and Tokusen (Excellent) Kobunboku

TENNENDO PREMIUM INCENSE SAMPLER: contains 5 sticks each of Frankincense, Karafune, Kohrokan Sandalwood, Renzan, Kohkoran Sandalwood, Tensei, and Kuukai.

I have tried all of those listed in the Meditation sampler and found them all incredible. Baieido is by far my favorite incense maker so far. I tried some of the Mother's Indian sticks and found them very pleasant but a little too overpowering for my 1 bedroom apartment.

I'm not affiliated with Equinox Aromatics http://www.equinoxaromatics.com/ but I am a very satisfied customer. Shipping cost plays a HUGE factor in who I choose to do business with and Equinox is one of the only incense companies that doesn't try to stick you with $9.00 flat rate shipping (it's incense for crying out loud not cement bricks). Equinox charges actual shipping and offers first class mail as an option, they ship quickly and everything arrives well protected. If you provide your birthday on your account profile they will also email you a 15% off coupon code during your birthday month as well. Check out their very affordable Baieido 10 and 20 stick samplers!

My favorite is simply to burn some Maydi resin on small bit of coal in a little censer. An ounce of the stuff goes a long way and it's what a lot of the sticks are trying to emulate.

I have tried all of those listed in the Meditation sampler and found them all incredible. Baieido is by far my favorite incense maker so far. I tried some of the Mother's Indian sticks and found them very pleasant but a little too overpowering for my 1 bedroom apartment.

I'm not affiliated with Equinox Aromatics http://www.equinoxaromatics.com/ but I am a very satisfied customer. Shipping cost plays a HUGE factor in who I choose to do business with and Equinox is one of the only incense companies that doesn't try to stick you with $9.00 flat rate shipping (it's incense for crying out loud not cement bricks). Equinox charges actual shipping and offers first class mail as an option, they ship quickly and everything arrives well protected. If you provide your birthday on your account profile they will also email you a 15% off coupon code during your birthday month as well. Check out their very affordable Baieido 10 and 20 stick samplers!

And my birthday month is NEXT month! Perfect, thanks Garry!

And my birthday month is NEXT month! Perfect, thanks Garry!

No problem!

The guy that runs Equinox, Andrew, will take good care of you. We had a great email chat a few months ago when I first "discovered" premium incense and I could tell I was dealing with a genuine person who really had a passion for this stuff.

Good to know Baieido is to your liking, Garry. For their uniform excellence across every range and their tremendous "value" line, I find them the best for the dollar. But the problem is.....well, you see, AD comes around and.....:001_tongu

And I agree with you about the shipping. I hate paying the $8.50 flat rate shipping with Essence of the Ages, but Beth's selection for Japanese and Tibetan sticks is absolutely unrivaled. To branch out beyond Baieido and Shoyeido, you don't have much choice but to shop at Essence or Incense Warehouse.

Good to know Baieido is to your liking, Garry. For their uniform excellence across every range and their tremendous "value" line, I find them the best for the dollar. But the problem is.....well, you see, AD comes around and.....:001_tongu

And I agree with you about the shipping. I hate paying the $8.50 flat rate shipping with Essence of the Ages, but Beth's selection for Japanese and Tibetan sticks is absolutely unrivaled. To branch out beyond Baieido and Shoyeido, you don't have much choice but to shop at Essence or Incense Warehouse.

It kills me to pay that much for shipping. I always have $10 - $20 burning a hole in my paypal pocket but I refuse to spend half or all of it on shipping. By the time I add enough merchandise to the cart to justify shipping or reach the free shipping threshold I start to get buyers remorse big time and usually end up changing my mind.

I got a bad case of IAD thanks to this thread but have so far managed to avoid ordering anything from Essence and Incense Warehouse. Once I use up any other resources I can find I plan to contact Equinox and ask them if they can special order for me, not sure if they will but it's worth a try. Surprisingly enough, Ebay has also proved to be a good source for samplers and cheap shipping.

Top Bottom