What's new

Love Headblade, but...

I love Headblade for shaving my head, but their shipping is outrageous. Not to mention that their refill blades aren't the cheapest. So I've started using Dorco razors for head shaving. I have to say I'm impressed with them. They are cheap, sharp and last a good while for head shaving. I just with that Headblade refills were a little cheaper and that their shipping wasn't so damn expensive.

Amazon ftw...I was getting my headblades local but Amazon is cheaper by a couple of bucks and saves me the trip to to the store.

I just buy the carts from Dorco and remove the adapter off the back and they fit perfectly on Headblade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just buy the carts from Dorco and remove the adapter off the back and they fit perfectly on Headblade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a great idea. What adapter are you talking about though? Any pictures or instructions?

Use a tweezer or needlenose pliers to squeeze in either side and adapter should pop off. It's what holds in on the Dorco handle. dorco.PNG

Have you tried any of the cheaper options yet? I know many head shavers stay away from DEs and SEs on the head, but I've found that a mild Injector feels very much like a cart on my head.

Have you tried any of the cheaper options yet? I know many head shavers stay away from DEs and SEs on the head, but I've found that a mild Injector feels very much like a cart on my head.
I tried a DE on my head, and it have a good shave, but its time consuming and doesn't provide as good as a shave as a cart. I'll need to get my hands on an injector and try that out.
What's a good injector and where would I get blades for it?

I tried a DE on my head, and it have a good shave, but its time consuming and doesn't provide as good as a shave as a cart. I'll need to get my hands on an injector and try that out.
What's a good injector and where would I get blades for it?

You can get blades on Amazon, Razor Blade Company, Ted Pella, and Connaught.

I would say an E or a G would be a good place to start. They're also the most common and inexpensive. If you like milder, than anything later than that (H through L) would work. Or you could just spring for a Type M (Adjustable) or a PAL adjustable.

Top Bottom