What's new

Not talked about enough: Lord Classic Super Stainless

1700242153612.png

For years I've advocated for the Lord Silver Star blades as being a superb, low cost blade. In that same timeframe I've only used a few other Lord blades, and while I found them to be mostly medium tier type blades I have had my eyes opened to the Lord Classic Super Stainless blades.

I purchased some of these a while back from Connaught since they were as cheap as chips. I admit, I wasn't expecting much. What I discovered was a blade I'm only half-way not sure are really Silver Stars in a different packaging. Smooth, inexpensive, sharp enough for me, and because I really like green well marketed :)

Does anybody else use these blades? What are your thoughts?

So many different blades out there. What is amazing to me, is that some manufacturers produce so many of the same or maybe similar (alleged coatings or not) with different names. Not even getting into private labels.
ie
Lord's top level distributors > LORD, ASCO, Big Ben, Racer, Shark, Silver Star, Crown, Rainbow, Blue Sword, & OK
Not evening into the sub line ups for each.

Blades are a personal choice.
I have had the same three go-to's I keep in my dens for years.
Feather, Bic, Persona

My blade testing days have been over for quite a long time.

All I suggest is find at least 2-3 that work for you...

And have fun..

BFX

My Lord Smart (S625-2) came with 4 or 5 of these, they shaved okay, not as smooth or as sharp as my go to Nacets. but definetly respectiable.

View attachment 1749966

For years I've advocated for the Lord Silver Star blades as being a superb, low cost blade. In that same timeframe I've only used a few other Lord blades, and while I found them to be mostly medium tier type blades I have had my eyes opened to the Lord Classic Super Stainless blades.

I purchased some of these a while back from Connaught since they were as cheap as chips. I admit, I wasn't expecting much. What I discovered was a blade I'm only half-way not sure are really Silver Stars in a different packaging. Smooth, inexpensive, sharp enough for me, and because I really like green well marketed :)

I've got a similar pack of the "Super Stainless" around here. I'll have to try them out. I like the Silver Star blades quite a bit.

I like most of what Lord has to offer and from what I recall is that the Classic were good for three good shaves before they got too rough. I prefer the Asco, Big Ben, Racer and Cool's over the Classic.

I tried some of these during my recent Lord sampling run. I have to say, I don't think they are the same as Silver Stars.

I prefer the Platinums to these, and the Silver Stars to the Platinums, but it isn't like there's acres of difference between them. Silver Stars are my pick, but I can see how a lot of folks could be happy with any of them.

View attachment 1749966

Have used both. Silver Star is much sharper. Not the same blades.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have just finished one of these super stainless blades. It started exceptionally well, and did give me some very nice shaves, but I found it rather short lived.

Most blades that I like, will give me 10 to 14 great shaves. There are a few blades which will go 20+ shaves for me, and occasionally go beyond 30. However, I had to dispose of the Lord Classic after the 9th shave, which was a little disappointing. The shaves were very nice, I just expect more of them per blade.

I have not, but they've been on my list of wanting to try out one-day blades.
I seem to do just fine with the blades that are marked "Stainless" (Dorco ST300, Super-Max Vidyut Super Stainless, Big Ben Super Stainless, etc.) and I wanted to confirm further with the Lord Classic and Crown Classic. Got a tuck of the Shark Super Stainless....

Is there a significant difference between the Lord Stainless in the blue and the green packages?

Top Bottom