What's new

Lord blade opinions / comparisons

Just wondering from the collective experience here. Specifically for Lord Blades:

I like Shark Stainless
I really like Asco Orange.

I don't particularly like:
Big Ben
Lord Super Chrome
Lord Platinum Class
(not to say I can't use them, I just wouldn't want to buy more).

(I have tried a lot of blades and also particularly like feather, sharp star and sputnik).

I have discovered that 3 lord blades are available, only in hundreds dirt cheap locally. I do not want to buy something that I will hate.

Does anyone have an opinion of the following as compared to the blades above:
Silver Star
Crown
Racer (standard not platinum).

Aren't they all the same?? apart from the coated ones??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trust me they are not the same. There could be fewer models than what are named, but there are definite differences between at least some of them.

I like Lord blades, although some more than others, inasmuch as I too would only buy some again and not others
I also agree that they're all slightly different

So far I've used.......

Lord Super Stainless, Lord Platinum Class, Big Ben, Rainbow Super Stainless -
All good for 3 shaves per blade, perfectly fit for purpose, but not sure if I'd buy them again

Shark Super Stainless-
Good for 3 shaves per blade, very comfortable and forgiving to shave with, if I buy them again, it will probably be because they are at a crazy low price at auction on eBay, not necessarily from choice

Racer Super Class Platinum-
Good for 4 shaves per blade, very smooth and comfortable to use, less than €10/100 on eBay - these were one of my favourite blades until I found something better from the Lord factory that not only out perform the rest of the Lord blades I've tried, but the export blades are also available at crazy low prices from an Indian eBay seller.......

Silver Star-
I get 4 very good shaves per blade at a very favourable price - definitely my favourite Lord blade

I like Silver Star. One of my favorites, very sharp. Highly rated among many on B+B.
Several years ago I used Racer Stainless. I really cant give a good review today because its been so long. I suspect I would still like them. Probably should revisit them .

I too like Shark Stainless and ASCO's. ASCO's arent quite as sharp as I would like but they are very smooth.

If you can find a good buy on Lord-made blades, buy them. Silver Star would be my first pick of those three you listed.

Ah the value add of marketing and branding!!! I'm still not convinced Lord have 10 different production specs - I feel a project forming [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried the Lord platinum, super chrome, super stainless, classic super stainless, and Shark super chrome. The only one I liked was the super stainless. The rest either gave me irritating shaves, or were too dull by the third shave.

I am pretty much a Shark SS guy but I do have a sampler I received that has all 3 Lord blades to try out... Had them for a couple months now and haven't had a chance to get them in a razor as yet. Been spending the majority of my shaving lately with my General SE but will eventually get around to it.

can only speak for myself but yesterday I shaved with Merkur 34c with a Lord Platinum Class blade and it was great, as close a shave as any blade out there IMHO

I like Silver Star. One of my favorites, very sharp. Highly rated among many on B+B.
Several years ago I used Racer Stainless. I really cant give a good review today because its been so long. I suspect I would still like them. Probably should revisit them .

I too like Shark Stainless and ASCO's. ASCO's arent quite as sharp as I would like but they are very smooth.

If you can find a good buy on Lord-made blades, buy them. Silver Star would be my first pick of those three you listed.

Being very sharp is definitely not an issue for me (I had no problem shaving with feathers) but there is some other factor that works or doesn't work for me depending on the blade.

Do you have an opinion of the other lord blades (lord platinum class, lord chrome, big ben) that I have tried that do not work as well for me?

I like lord stainless and lord extra blades.They are awesome for me.Fyi i have two versions of lord stainless that i find similar.

I also like shark stainless blades.They are not the same as the lord stainless though.

Lord platinums and lord super chrome were mediocre bladea for me.

Racer blades were a so-so blade for me.I have mixed feelings about these blades.They are cheap but they offer a lot of irritation to my face...

Asco in the orange pack wasn't something spectacular in my book.I won't buy them

I have tried lord cool that was a good blafe but nothing to write home about.

Shark chrome blades were bad blades.
The feeling was rough and they "burnt" my neck!

Big ben super stainless in the blue packaging was a middle of the road performer.It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either!

Lord classic was a good blade that i am not going to buy again.I don't know why but i am not impressed with these blades although i fiund then quite good.They are smooth blades but not as sharp as lord extra!

I don't know if i have tried the crown blades but i think i have to try the silver star blades for sure.I hear good things.about these blades lately!

I wrote Lord a few months ago. They wrote back that all the stainless steel blades were the same, only different packaging. Hope this helps.

^^ This doesn't surprise me at all. Why should they be different other than by name. It is the same factory afterall...

I just got a 100 pack of silver stars ill be testing them two shaves in a safety razor and two shaves in my shavette...if they are anything like the other lord blades ill be very pleased also the price is amazing on pretty much all of lords blades...

maybe its the grind that is different because they all feel very different with how harsh each one is how well others cut how smooth they are etc...would be interesting if somebody put them under a scope

I can vouge big bens and Sharks are absoloutely not the same blade. I could pick a shark out during a blind shave test and the Big Ben is not it.

Top Bottom