What's new

Looking for light all day hold for light hair

Hey, I recently came across this site and was wondering if any of you knew of a good hair product which would give a light (preferably pliable) hold for extremely light hair that lasts. Medium shine would be best. As a note my hair is light but dense in the sense that the individual strands are thin but there is a lot of it. Thanks in advance.

Vitalis, just be careful not to use too much. Apply a quarter size palmful to towel dry hair. I recently started using it and I really like it. Hair is very pliable but stays in place all day

Lucky Tiger 3-purpose tonic works well, too. The only thing I'd say would potentially go against it is the fragrance. Kinda citrus/fruity and lingering. If you like it, no problem. If you hate it, it sticks around for a while.

As you can see from the responses, what you are describing is a hair tonic. I would agree with this. My top recommendation would be Protein 29 Liquid Hair Groom. This should give you exactly what you are looking for. You don't need to use a lot, just a little splash rubbed well into your hair and scalp will last you for the day.

The lightest of the lightest option would be Jeris hair tonic without oil. After it dries it gives very minimal hold. I have thick hair and found it just can't get rid of all the fly-aways. However, if you have thin hair it may work well for you.

Have a look at Booster's Lanolin Cream. It has the consistency of a light lotion (like a Wildroot), a light scent (clean, kind of like a barbershop) and provides a light hold with a light shine. For me and after repeated uses, it also improves the overall feel of my hair.

In addition to hair tonics (I like Lucky Tiger and Pinaud products), I'd also recommend a light hold pomade.

If you're looking for something that washes out easily, you can look into Suavecito or Layrite pomades. Groom and Clean can often be found at CVS or Walgreen's in a tube.

If you'd like more of an "old school" shine and flexible hairstyle (that doesn't wash out easily), look into Dax or Murray's Superlight. Dax and a wide array of different pomades and hair products and will typically send out TONS of samples if you order a jar or two of their stuff. I'd also recommend their High Life line - good smell and good hold.

Probably more info than you wanted but I figure that knowledge is power. And good hair is power.

Top Bottom