What's new

Drilled Pumpkin w/ Light...Out Of A Real Pumpkin For Halloween ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Now I got to try this for Halloween. 🎃

By Desirée - little Things - 7 Oct 21

proxy.php
"I love Halloween and everything that goes along with it, including dressing up in costumes, putting up spooky decorations, and, of course, pumpkins! I love carving jack-o'-lanterns with classically silly expressions and scary faces. I also love to try new pumpkin-related ideas each year.

Last time around, I opted to try out both drip painting pumpkins (which were wonderfully messy and oh-so artistic) and fall floral pumpkins (an idea that’s simply lovely and beautifully classy).

This year, I decided to attempt the drilled pumpkin light project that I came across on the Dream a Little Bigger website. It reminded me of a Halloween-ish disco ball light and I was hoping that it would create a funky light effect to my front porch area when it was lit up outside.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
What You’ll Need​

• Pumpkin
  • Electric drill and bits or strong skewer (or anything that pokes holes), if you don’t have a drill
  • Knife and spoons
  • Rags
  • Washable marker (optional) *I only had a Sharpie so made super-light dots
  • Candles or a lamp kit and low-wattage bulb
  • Newspaper or tarp to protect your floor from a mess if you’re working inside."
NOTE: My advice is don't cut the top off because the Stem is your pumpkin's source of nutrients and will last longer outside...cut the bottom out instead & save the seeds for roasting in the oven. :thumbsup:

Read More: Making a drilled Pumpkin for Halloween

proxy.php
"When life gives you pumpkins, [carve it]." Elbert Hubbard

Last edited:
Top Bottom