What's new

Looking for a good bay rum or B&M Seville kinda scent

If you're trying to get the right water content, the natural thing to do is to start too dry - you can't really "undo" too much water, so start dryer than you think you need to. I've found B&M performs VERY well - but any soap will fail if you've put in too much water.

That one is pretty cheap also. Interesting they say you can melt it and pour into any container. Can you do this with other soaps?

I did not try to melt and pour it. Frankly, I wouldn’t try since it is not a straight glycerin soap. I’d grate it instead.

The original Ogallala Bay Rum scent is very high in clove scent. When I applied it to my face, it felt like someone had doused me in gasoline. I had to use another soap to wash it off. That one went into the garbage; I would not even relegate it to the shower.

I have not tried other variations, so I do not know how they might work. Of course, if your face is not sensitive to clove, you might be OK with the original.

The puck I had was not heavy on the clove. That said, it was 5 years old when I used it, so it could have mellowed over time.

There is nothing wrong with PAA. They are veg soaps. Come in many scents and they have matching splashes and EdP's for all their scents, many preshave options, some cool razors and have some tutorials on their site. CK6 is the new base as I said and it performs just as well as tallow soaps from other makers. My other two favorite soaps are Barrister & Mann and Ariana & Evans. Many great scents from both. I used Beaudilare today for soap, splash, and, frag. Excellent stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I’ve heard good things about captains choice soaps. Does the captains choice bay rum lather good?

Sorry for the slow response. I don't have a problem lathering it and I have hard water. Soap is soft enough that I scoop out about a marble sized, maybe a little smaller, and smear it into my lather bowl or scuttle. I put a tiny amount of water(enough to form a light wet film, not soaking or blooming it) on top so it softens even more when I shower. It work up great for me. I probably use a lot more than I should but since I adopted the load it like you stole method a couple years ago I haven't had a thin or bad lather.

Captain's Choice and kick up the AS with his Cat'o'Nine!

I can't believe people like CO9T. I had to pick some up a couple years ago and first thing I thought of is it smell like cat urine. I use it now and then just to use it up. It doesn't smell all that bad once it flashes off but the initial use it is off putting. I don't get the burn either unless I put on 2 or 3 coats and it is not because I get that smooth of a shave as I normally get some razor burn while going for BBS with about every shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Barrister and Mann's Bay Rum is my new favorite Bay Rum. I have the Shave soap and the aftershave. Fantastic scent...

You might also want to look at Phoenix's Clasico and Atomic Age Bay Rum.

Barrister and Mann's Bay Rum is my new favorite Bay Rum. I have the Shave soap and the aftershave. Fantastic scent...

You might also want to look at Phoenix's Clasico and Atomic Age Bay Rum.

Unfortunately, Barrister and Mann Bay Rum is one of the few scents that still come in the older Glissant base. While that is a excellent soap base, it is not as good as the Excelsior base that replaces it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Unfortunately, Barrister and Mann Bay Rum is one of the few scents that still come in the older Glissant base. While that is a excellent soap base, it is not as good as the Excelsior base that replaces it.

Good to know. Maybe they will release the Bay Rum soap with the Excelsior base at some point.

Top Bottom