What's new

Looking for a good bay rum or B&M Seville kinda scent

I would like something that performs as good as it smells. Was thinking about trying mystic waters bay rum and maybe captains choice bay rum. Any other recommendations? I really like the Seville smell also but not sure it performs. I get better lather from Proraso.

Anyone sell sampler packs where I could choose several to try?

Phoenix artisan accoutrements has samples, but, mostly in their aftershaves. The soaps are limited in samples except the new doppelganger soaps in their awesome ck6 base. Seville is a barbershop. I would suggest paa's CAD it is also a barbershop. Be sure to get it in the ck6 base. The sample of cad is in the old base so while it performs well it won't be as good as the new formula.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you like the Seville scent then get it in the Excelsior base--it will perform very well. Maggards has it. You may have used a prior release of Seville in the Glissant base which can be a little thin. I have Seville in Glissant and Reserve. Also, Maggards has lots of samples. Great store.

Mystic Waters has a great reputation but some find it hard to lather well. I don't have experience with it (yet).

Mike's has a great Bay Rum.

I would not touch anything from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements personally.

Last edited:
Mike's Natural Soap's Bay Rum is my favorite Bay Rum soap, great performance and the best Bay Rum scent for me.

Others I have enjoyed were:
Mystic Water
Stirling
WSP

West Coast Shaving does offer a sample pack of Bay Rum soaps

I would like something that performs as good as it smells. Was thinking about trying mystic waters bay rum and maybe captains choice bay rum. Any other recommendations? I really like the Seville smell also but not sure it performs. I get better lather from Proraso.

Anyone sell sampler packs where I could choose several to try?

If you like the scent of Seville I would give it another shot. It can take a lot of water and you should be able to get fantastic results with it.
Really a great soap.

If you like the scent of Seville I would give it another shot. It can take a lot of water and you should be able to get fantastic results with it.
Really a great soap.

It’s the best smell to me so far. I had problems with the lather on my face though. I soaked a Muhle synthetic silvertip brush while I took shower. (About 5 minutes) I then shook out some water then loaded brush for about 1 minute. Took to captains choice bowl and mixed and trickled water into soap probably 5 or 6 times while mixing and stirring like crazy. I thought it was good as it was foaming up and forming peaks when I’d lift up brush. No visible bubbles. I could see a slight sheen to it. When I took the brush to face, the thick looking lather turned into more of a thin smear. I could still see all my skin. How can I tell when the lather to soap ratio is ready?

Thanks for all the great recommendations! I’m making a list out of this! This is the Seville I have
image.jpg

If you like the Seville scent then get it in the Excelsior base--it will perform very well. Maggards has it. You may have used a prior release of Seville in the Glissant base which can be a little thin. I have Seville in Glissant and Reserve. Also, Maggards has lots of samples. Great store.

Mystic Waters has a great reputation but some find it hard to lather well. I don't have experience with it (yet).

Mike's has a great Bay Rum.

I would not touch anything from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements personally.

Good info thanks! What do you dislike about PAA?

West coast shaving has a clearance on long rifle bay rum shave soap. Comes to 9 dollars. Not sure how much shipping is yet

West coast shaving has a clearance on long rifle bay rum shave soap. Comes to 9 dollars. Not sure how much shipping is yet

It’s a great soap. But a different type of bay rum. Very lime forward and A terrific summer bay rum scent. That’s not to say it couldn’t be enjoyed during the winter, it just lacks the “warmth” that other bay rums have in their profile.

If you want a bay rum scent that performs superbly, I suggest Zingari Man Sego base Nomad. The scent is comprised of lime, bay and rum. I have not tried this scent as I am sensitive to lime, but I have tried other Sego scents and performance is amazing, definitely elite. The former Zingari Man soaps are on clearance sale, but the performance is not up to the level of Sego.

Captain's Choice Bay Rum is my favorite bay rum scent, but the performance is not as good as Zingari Man Sego.

The B&M Seville scent is currently made in the Excelsior base which I find to be far superior to the Glissant base. This is a barbershop type scent, not bay rum.

Another bay rum scented soap that I can recommend is Tallow and Steel West Indes. The scent notes are: Haitian Vetiver, amyris, West Indies Bay, Black Pepper, Coconut, and Wild Orange.

If you want a bay rum scent that performs superbly, I suggest Zingari Man Sego base Nomad. The scent is comprised of lime, bay and rum. I have not tried this scent as I am sensitive to lime, but I have tried other Sego scents and performance is amazing, definitely elite. The former Zingari Man soaps are on clearance sale, but the performance is not up to the level of Sego.

Captain's Choice Bay Rum is my favorite bay rum scent, but the performance is not as good as Zingari Man Sego.

The B&M Seville scent is currently made in the Excelsior base which I find to be far superior to the Glissant base. This is a barbershop type scent, not bay rum.

Another bay rum scented soap that I can recommend is Tallow and Steel West Indes. The scent notes are: Haitian Vetiver, amyris, West Indies Bay, Black Pepper, Coconut, and Wild Orange.

Thank you. I’m aware that Seville is not bay rum lol. It is however probably my favorite smell for that barbershop style scent. I’ll keep messing with it to see if I can dial in the lather better. In the meantime I think I’m gonna order some of these bay rums. So far I’m looking into mikes, Stirling, long rifle and captains choice

Have you tried the Zingari soloist? That sounds like it would smell good

I received a gift certificate to Maggard's and ordered the Zingari Man Nomad (and WK Fougere Parfaite). So, while I anticipate this new Bay Rum scent, I cannot comment on it. I do have Stirling Bay Rum and it's my standard for the scent. M&M Bad Mor is also a top scent/soap base. Good luck!

I received a gift certificate to Maggard's and ordered the Zingari Man Nomad (and WK Fougere Parfaite). So, while I anticipate this new Bay Rum scent, I cannot comment on it. I do have Stirling Bay Rum and it's my standard for the scent. M&M Bad Mor is also a top scent/soap base. Good luck!

Haha I just ordered the nomad also

Got the nomad aftershave balm too. I do like my Nivea sensitive balm but if this nomad stuff works good it’ll be nice to have the same scent. Also in the mail is some sterling bay rum soap and Rapira lux and astra sp blades for my R41!

I currently have Captain's Choice Bay Rum and like it a lot. I had tried Razorock Black Bay which is a different or darker kind of Bay Rum. It is Italian Barbers take on Bay Rum since he doesn't care for the regular bay rum scent. I didn't care for it and gave it to a co worker. I have only tried one other Bay Rum but can't remember the name as I got rid of it on a lot sale here.

Top Bottom