What's new

LOL Nice Williams blowup!

I really wanted to stoke a year end Williams praise/bash fest but what has happened this afternoon apparently spilled over into a few more threads.:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Anyway...I am out for the rest of the year on holiday.

I hope you guys had a great 2010, awesome Christmas, and hope ya'll have a happy new year! :thumbup1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have just recently discovered an amazing thing -
Did you guys know that each and every thread has a "Title"??

It's pretty cool. For instance, if you read the "Title" and it says "Williams", most of the time, the thread is about Williams Soap.

I find that I can avoid those tedious threads altogether.
Wow.
What will they think of next?

It's pretty cool. For instance, if you read the "Title" and it says "Williams", most of the time, the thread is about Williams Soap.

Wow.

True.

But just as one cannot judge a book by its cover, nor should one judge a thread by its title. A thread may veer off on a tangent, and end up being about something altogether different than originally intended. Thus, one should read each and every thread contained in B&B. Every day!:w00t:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member

Wow.

True, and I am aware of this, thanks. But when the first page of the Shaving Soap forum is cluttered with nine Williams threads I tend to avoid the entire forum (but I like the soap forum), and then wonder why we don't just create a Williams-only sub-forum.

That's what I hope they think of next.

Wow.

I notice that it did not deter you from this one, however.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I notice that it did not deter you from this one, however.

Heck no, I LOVE these Williams threads.

Regarding the plethora of threads all at once, I agree - that can be hard to deal with.

But it's human nature I guess, it seems whenever a particular post about almost any subject becomes popular, there are close on its heels a run of clone posts.

Williams, Tabac, Lilac Vegetal and a few others seem to be more in that vein than others, but it does happen with quite a few products.

I have seen way too many threads about "P.160". To each his own, but, I don't even know what one is, and don't intend to read all the threads on it. I have used the-product-which-shall-not-be-named, however, so am interested in it. Also Topgumby has posted some amazing prose and poetry on Williams threads, so it is worth a read just-in-case.

Hyphens off.

True, and I am aware of this, thanks. But when the first page of the Shaving Soap forum is cluttered with nine Williams threads I tend to avoid the entire forum (but I like the soap forum), and then wonder why we don't just create a Williams-only sub-forum.

That's what I hope they think of next.

B&B did it for shaving brush restorations, so why not Williams?:001_smile

Williams lovers do have their own social group, however.....:biggrin1:

Wow.

A "Title" above each thread? Brilliant! :lol:

Top Bottom