What's new

Lime Sec fades almost instantly?

I've tried both EL Lime and OS Lime. Both lasted fairly well, but it was the base note (not the lime) that persisted. Woody note for the EL, grassy note for the OS.

All Lime colognes are short lasting. Trumper's lasts about 15 mins on me. My favorite is Castle Forbes Special Edition from about 10-15 years ago. That lasted about 2-3 hrs which is an eternity for Lime on me. I used to layer it with Royall Lyme.

I'm thinking - because the two Clubman limes are so inexpensive to - get a bottle of each and use their alcohol content to dissolve some other ingredients into them to try and make a more lasting blend.

The Pinaud Lime Sec lasts about 2 hours on me. The longest lasting one I have tried is TOBS Victorian Lime.

I picked up some lime essential oil (approved for use on skin) recently. I had a small travel-approved spray bottle to which I poured maybe one ounce of Lime Sec into it, and added a couple drops of the lime oil. Wow did that make a difference on the presence of the lime scent and how long it lasted. And the drydown smelled a bit more citrusy also. Worth a try fellas, and the lime oil isn't that costly and will go a long way.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I picked up some lime essential oil (approved for use on skin) recently. I had a small travel-approved spray bottle to which I poured maybe one ounce of Lime Sec into it, and added a couple drops of the lime oil. Wow did that make a difference on the presence of the lime scent and how long it lasted. And the drydown smelled a bit more citrusy also. Worth a try fellas, and the lime oil isn't that costly and will go a long way.

Good thinking!

I've had good luck with Trumpers lasting an hour or so. Lime Sec for me lasts about as long as it takes to screw the cap back on the bottle.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great idea
Lime sec is so inexpensive its def worth a try

I enjoy a mix of Superior 70 Bay Rum and Lime Sec. Granted the lime fades, but the mix seems to last a bit longer and provide a great combo.

St Johns West Indian Lime is a higher quality lime product and lasts longer than most (several hours). I love Gabels, Royall Lyme, Citrus Musk and Lime Sec as well. I bought several of the half ounce spray bottles from Maggards and filled them with each of my lime products (with a small funnel). When I use one of my favorite lime aftershaves, I carry a half ounce bottle in my pocket... and can "refresh" my face, neck and arms whenever I want. I can make the less expensive products last 12-16 hours that way! Those bottles are high quality and very inexpensive.

Captains Choice Lime.....it goes on not smelling like a lime but dries out and has staying power of a very musky lime scent. Its more of a refined smell that's not expected until the dry down and takes some time getting used to but it definitely has some staying power.

Larry

Top Bottom