What's new

LIME! LIME! LIME! Recommendations?

I told myself that I would no longer buy soaps without getting a sample first. Apparently I lied to myself. The new Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime trifecta, soap, toner and EDT just dropped today and I ordered it. I really like the scent description:

"The scent for Sea Spice Lime was developed by Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux and Maher Olfactive. It is both hearty and utterly refreshing. A juicy lime accord is at the heart of the fragrance with the froth of waves crashing over the deck providing a salty ocean and cedarwood undertone. Coriander, pink pepper and a touch of west indies bay provide a spice melange that gives some brawn to a new modern classic.

Scent notes include: Tahiti Lime, Bergamot, Sea Spray, Coriander, Pink Pepper & Oakmoss"

I plan on alternating this with my Captain's Choice Lime soap a lot this summer.

I told myself that I would no longer buy soaps without getting a sample first. Apparently I lied to myself. The new Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime trifecta, soap, toner and EDT just dropped today and I ordered it. I really like the scent description:

"The scent for Sea Spice Lime was developed by Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux and Maher Olfactive. It is both hearty and utterly refreshing. A juicy lime accord is at the heart of the fragrance with the froth of waves crashing over the deck providing a salty ocean and cedarwood undertone. Coriander, pink pepper and a touch of west indies bay provide a spice melange that gives some brawn to a new modern classic.

Scent notes include: Tahiti Lime, Bergamot, Sea Spray, Coriander, Pink Pepper & Oakmoss"

I plan on alternating this with my Captain's Choice Lime soap a lot this summer.

I was waiting for this drop, but it'll have to wait until the May GRUME is over. Is this basically a lime aquatic? I'm not sure how I feel about that....

I was waiting for this drop, but it'll have to wait until the May GRUME is over. Is this basically a lime aquatic? I'm not sure how I feel about that....
The description sounds like it. I suspect that the lime will be prominent in the beginning but will fade and the other scent notes will stand out more after the dry down but it is just a guess. I checked the website two hours after the drop and the trifecta- soap, toner and EDT were sold out. I am glad I got my order in right away. I knew there was a limited amount of the EDT but I didn't think that it would go that quickly.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The description sounds like it. I suspect that the lime will be prominent in the beginning but will fade and the other scent notes will stand out more after the dry down but it is just a guess. I checked the website two hours after the drop and the trifecta- soap, toner and EDT were sold out. I am glad I got my order in right away. I knew there was a limited amount of the EDT but I didn't think that it would go that quickly.
I’m actually glad it’s sold out. Phew. And the balm has no alcohol so that’s not my interest.

My votes for lime:
Proraso azur lime
Tobs lemon lime
Turtle ship lime
Captain choice lime
Tallo steel lemon spice (ok not lime)
Wsp citrus blast (not exactly lime but a blast)
castle Forbes lime

I’m actually glad it’s sold out. Phew. And the balm has no alcohol so that’s not my interest.

My votes for lime:
Proraso azur lime
Tobs lemon lime
Turtle ship lime
Captain choice lime
Tallo steel lemon spice (ok not lime)
Wsp citrus blast (not exactly lime but a blast)
castle Forbes lime
There is still soap and toner (I know your not interested in toner) left. I am hoping that an alcohol based aftershave will be coming. I got the alcohol aftershave for Seaforth! Heather and I really like it.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
no experience with this but just saw the post:

I'm certainly not a lime expert, but I have really been enjoying Col. Conk Lime soap. It's a glycerin based soap, so makes it slick, so may help your glide while shaving as well. It was, as I understand, formulated with straight razors in mind.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Straight shave with Col Conk Lime today, prep and face lathered for the full shave. Also, 9oz / 4 small pucks of Lime arrived so I'll never run out. Lime Day!

I prep with Conk Lime (mentholated in a shave stick tube) nearly every day. It gives a slickness boost that is never wrong before any shave, but especially great for a straight.

Badger blend tip: mix 3 parts of your favorite barbershop lime splash with one part Florida Water.
Pinaud Lime Sec
Gabels Drops of Lime
Booster Iced Lime
Use some of each lime and you get Florida Limeade!
Maybe Col Conk will launch a lime splash.

Straight shave with Col Conk Lime today, prep and face lathered for the full shave. Also, 9oz / 4 small pucks of Lime arrived so I'll never run out. Lime Day!

I prep with Conk Lime (mentholated in a shave stick tube) nearly every day. It gives a slickness boost that is never wrong before any shave, but especially great for a straight.

Badger blend tip: mix 3 parts of your favorite barbershop lime splash with one part Florida Water.
Pinaud Lime Sec
Gabels Drops of Lime
Booster Iced Lime
Use some of each lime and you get Florida Limeade!
Maybe Col Conk will launch a lime splash.
There is an accompanying aftershave, my friend! 1819994342.jpg

Lemon Chill from Stirling is nice. Lemons and menthol.

Their Margaritas in the Artic is lime, and menthol.

And, also from Stirling, is Gin and Tonic on the Rocks. Lime, juniper and menthol.

Top Bottom