What's new

Like soap? Check this out

If you guys haven't see it yet, David (dfoulk) has just opened up the soap passaround again.
This is a great way to try some of those things you have been on the fence about, or never even heard of for just a bit of shipping costs.

It is up to four boxes this time, with approximately 150 different samples in each box. That's a lot of soap!

You will need 150 quality posts and 3 months of membership by the time your turn comes around. Most of the early slots are filled currently, so there is plenty of time to get your counts up if you are new.

Stop by and check it out here if you are interested! There are a lot of great reviews that go on through the process as well.
Soap Sample Passaround Box - Round 2

That sounds like an awesome passaround box. As much as I like the soaps I use on a regular basis there are a few I would like to give a try, especially the higher end soaps I can never afford. I may try to participate in this one.

That sounds like an awesome passaround box. As much as I like the soaps I use on a regular basis there are a few I would like to give a try, especially the higher end soaps I can never afford. I may try to participate in this one.
I would recommend getting your name in. I found a lot of new soaps for my list, and also crossed quite a few off as they didn't live up to performance expectations, or I really didn't like a scent as much as I thought I would.

It is an excellent way to actually try things you have been reading about before sinking a bunch of money into it and finding you don't like it.

Thanks for the post Shawn.

I'm surprised it isn't full already. From past experience, once this pass starts moving the remaining spots will fill very quickly. It won't open up again for about eight or nine months so if you guys want in now is the time.

I would recommend getting your name in. I found a lot of new soaps for my list, and also crossed quite a few off as they didn't live up to performance expectations, or I really didn't like a scent as much as I thought I would.

It is an excellent way to actually try things you have been reading about before sinking a bunch of money into it and finding you don't like it.

It's about the finances for me. Things are tight even with just having to ship out a box I have to watch every penny right now. I also don't have anything I can put into the box and I don't want to be "that guy". I will see what I can do as I said. I have never been good at planning so we'll see.

It's about the finances for me. Things are tight even with just having to ship out a box I have to watch every penny right now. I also don't have anything I can put into the box and I don't want to be "that guy". I will see what I can do as I said. I have never been good at planning so we'll see.

You won't be "that guy". This isn't about taking and putting in. The boxes are all loaded with about 150 samples already. Most of the product was donated by the vendors and a few by members just for this purpose.

All you do is when you get the box, you go through all of the scents, see what you like, maybe a brand you've been wanting to try etc... Then you scoop a small amount big enough for one shave and place it into your own bowl and lather it up. (I think there are a few dollar store salsa bowls included for this purpose.)
The sample jars then all get put back into the box and shipped to the next person when your turn is done.

So you aren't keeping or exchanging anything, just getting to smell and try things you might not of otherwise. Everything that's in the box stays there, and you don't really have room to add anything anyways as they are pretty darn full.

The only cost to you would be shipping. It is about $13 per box. (medium flat rate box)

You won't be "that guy". This isn't about taking and putting in. The boxes are all loaded with about 150 samples already. Most of the product was donated by the vendors and a few by members just for this purpose.

All you do is when you get the box, you go through all of the scents, see what you like, maybe a brand you've been wanting to try etc... Then you scoop a small amount big enough for one shave and place it into your own bowl and lather it up. (I think there are a few dollar store salsa bowls included for this purpose.)
The sample jars then all get put back into the box and shipped to the next person when your turn is done.

So you aren't keeping or exchanging anything, just getting to smell and try things you might not of otherwise. Everything that's in the box stays there, and you don't really have room to add anything anyways as they are pretty darn full.

The only cost to you would be shipping. It is about $13 per box. (medium flat rate box)

Oh ok, I thought it was like other boxes I read about where you used stuff or took stuff out and replaced it. I will go read up on it because if it is all the boxes than it will be a no go, one or two I can possibly swing that. Thank you.

Top Bottom