What's new

LIGHTFOOT's PINE BODY BARS

Ran out of my favorite pine body soap a year ago, Pino Silvestre PINE GEMS . This is a truly fabulous pine bar , expensive , but good. Actually, it's still for sale on a few vendors sites, but I do not think it is currently in production. While cruising around I found the Lightfoot's bar at Bigelow Chemist, a well known trusted vendor. I can't decide which brand is better, it's a real close call. Both have fresh cut pine aroma , I have a hunch the Lightfoot bar is triple French milled , not sure about the Pino.
IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG
pino.jpg
$24 for 4 large , heavy bars in a nice box, well worth it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
High praise indeed! I have never tried the soap, but I love my Pino Sylvestere EDT.

FarmerTan

shoprhodys.com has 10 bars for $26.50 free shipping.

I have no affiliation with them, nor previous experience with purchasing from them. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

shoprhodys.com has 10 bars for $26.50 free shipping.

I have no affiliation with them, nor previous experience with purchasing from them. Just thought I'd let y'all know.
THANK YOU ! FarmerTan , wanted the 40 bar box, but that added $26.50 shipping, so I ordered two 10 bar packs for $53 with free shipping.....makes no sense. , but still a great deal !

The Lightfoot's lather is very thick, creamy , smooth with a very fresh pine needle aroma..... LUXURIOUS bathing experience if you love that fresh Christmas tree scent. shoprhody.com or rhodyfoods.com has the BEST price , 10 bar packs have free shipping.... wish I would have know this before I ordered 4 bars for $28.50 including shipping , from Bigelow........

FarmerTan

The Lightfoot's lather is very thick, creamy , smooth with a very fresh pine needle aroma..... LUXURIOUS bathing experience if you love that fresh Christmas tree scent. shoprhody.com or rhodyfoods.com has the BEST price , 10 bar packs have free shipping.... wish I would have know this before I ordered 4 bars for $28.50 including shipping , from Bigelow........
Glad I could help out! You've always helped me out with answers to my questions on obscure soaps and creams!
Only pine soap I've tried is Grandpa's Pine Tar. How do these others compare to this one?

View attachment 1213291
As @malocchio said, a world of difference! In my experience, pine tar soaps smell "medicinal" (for lack of a better term). Which is fine, as I use pine tar shampoo if I have a psoriasis flare up. And it works great. This scent should be more pleasant.

Lightfoot's Pine has a wonderful smell, a really nice fresh pine. I found there shaving soap to be horrible but was a great shower soap, same smell as the hand soap. Maybe you can order some Lightfoot's Pine shaving soap and use it as a regular soap.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I paid $21 for 4 at Amazon with free shipping. Your deal is probably more economic but I also wasn’t sure the pine experience is going to be for me.

There is a difference between the Pino Silvestre Pine Gems bar and the Lightfoot bar, the Lightfoot bar is made with dwarf pine essential oil , I'm sure the Italian bar uses an Alpine pine essential oil, different , but equal in quality in every respect.
IMG_0937.JPG
pine.JPG

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Pine forest arrived today. I was met with a strong and intense pine scent blast as I opened the shipping package.
Oh la la
I’ve instructed Jeeves to draw my bath.

Enablers..... I've been thinking about ordering the Lightfoot soap for years, so just pulled the trigger on 10 bars from shoprhodys.com for $26. Will report back after they arrive. :)

Top Bottom