What's new

Thanksgiving-Hanukkah PIF

Awesome PIF. Quite generous.

Not in. But Happy Thanksgiving and (if it applies) Hanukkah to everyone here at the B&B.

I'm in.

My prayer: I pray I don't slit my throat and bleed out in my in-laws guest bathroom learning how to use the SE razor my father in law just gave me with the promise of giving my the rest of his no longer used collection of SE and DE razor, brushes, etc if I can do a decent SE shave before we leave Saturday. Hell of an incentive for my first SE shave.
Amen!

Great posts and encouragements everyone! Thanks! More!

Last edited:
Im in.

I want to give thanks to B&B for showing me the basics on how to shave like my grandpa. And I want to wish for his health so he can see me reach my first BBS shave. Last I want give thanks to all contributors and members who provide Noobs like myself with this wealth of knowledge. Thank you all!

I am not in, but thanks for your great PIF.
My prayer is simple:
May God bless B&B and our family and friends, and may God bless anyone who needs it the most.

Great PIF. I too am a Nash fan.
Not in, but I offer:

The Plight of the Shaving Man

A wonderful chap is the shaving man,
His straight cuts much more than a cartridge can;
Applies soap with a brush, on a beard that is lush,
And convinces wet shavers to join our clan.

I'm in. I'm very thankful I learned about this site and have been helped by a bunch of members here whenever I've had a question. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm in. BarbaGnosa, very generous PIF :)

I wish you all a steady hand and a sharp blade
A loving family and good friends.

Happy Holidays to you and yours this season!

Very generous PIF! Not in, but thank you!
My prayer: Be thankful for what you have and who you enjoy life with. May this PIF go to the one person who needs it the most.

I'm in.

I want to thank the great community of Badger & Blade for constantly sharing their opinions and offering help to newbies that join our ranks each day. It was this site and YouTube videos that convinced me to use my first DE razor for something more than shaping my beard 3 years ago. I'm thankful that I perfected my technique with the aid of this great community and really started enjoying shaving - something I used to regard as a chore. This site also helps my creative juices flowing with places like the SOTD forum where people continue to amaze me with their stunning photos of their daily shaves. I wish all of you happy holidays and BBS shaves!

I'm in. I am sure that this "prayer" will not be a winner, but I have to share it anyway. I was lucky to have three grandparents for most of my life. On my father's side my grandfather lived until 94, and his wife of 75 years just turned 94 this August. If there was one thing that my grandfather was known for, it would be silly sayings (we call them Rayisms). Here are the two exceedingly classy "prayers" he would say every year before we ate Thanksgiving dinner:

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, whoever eats the fastest eats the most.

Eat every bean and pea on your plate.

If the second one doesn't read well, just say it out loud.

Wonderful PIF, and this year I am thankful to have had the first 30 years of my life to share with my grandfather, hopefully the next 30 with both of my parents still alive and kicking, and if I am truly lucky I will also get to spend 75 years with my loving wife.

I'm in.

Father,
This evening and all evenings please bless and keep safe those who serve and protect us, here and in foreign lands. Please hold them safe in the warmth of your Hands this winter night.
Please allow them to return home safe to their loved ones, and let them live to enjoy many future Thanksgivings with family and friends.

Jeff

I'm in. Thanks for your great PIF.

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings each morning,
thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes tightly closed against the morning light as long as possible,
thank you Lord, that I can see. There are many who are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off the effort of rising,
thank you, Lord that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned, and tempers are short, thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

I'm in!

In the spirit of this wonderful PIF, I pray that Christians and Jews continue to live in brotherhood on this great continent, and always remember and cherish their joint traditions and shared roots. And, by extension, I pray that the whole world should learn to love eachother and live together in peace.

Wow, what a PIF!

A happy and safe Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to all! God bless.

John

THE DECISION IS IN:

Gentlemen (as far as I can see, please forgive if I've presumed),

THANK YOU so very much for participating, each and every one. I've been inspired by your prayers and good wishes, and hope you all have been as well.

First, please allow me to offer
SPECIAL THANKS to
djh: for your appreciative acknowledgement, and, on behalf of this B&B member, for your Moderatorial service.
Teddyboy: for your generous complement, prayer for the USA, and knowing where to leave things.
jmatthel: for your prayer for inspiration
Darkbulb: for your leaping linguistic boundaries to acknowledge and cheer the B&B spirit
InfernoOrangeSS: for your heartfelt thanks to B&Bers, fellow veterans, and SWMBO
Prof. Moriarty: for your generous thanks and stewardship
Cumberland Sausage: for your prayer of particular shaving guidance and evocative member-name
crleftwich: for your explicit wishes for atheists and agnostics
Ghouldrackh: for your newbish appreciation
MicBaldy: for your prayer most worthy of becoming a B&B signature motto
CMSMail65: for sharing that most eloquent prayer from your friend's rabbi
ShaverGN: for your most kosher Hanukkah blessings. Amen!
Jarick: for your thanks for B&B members' "demeanor"
HR218LEO: for your vivid imagination and openness with sharing your fears
jzuzphreek: for your invocation of the words and spirit of Hannah, who so well exemplifies prayer and thanksgiving -- apparently for great shaves. Is there a section, I wonder, on B&B for shaving scripture and literary adaptations such as this? We could post The Song of Shaving, Ten Commandments (of Shaving), The Shaving Sermon on the Mount (although wouldn't that have been by the River Jordan?). Novacula Jesse floruit!
duderubble: for your particular thanks for camaraderie and random acts of kindness
l3ortron: for your thanks for the contributions/sacrifices of badgers and good auspices to various gods of shaving
tlentz: for your simple, personal blessing and thanks, and for your avatar photo of Uncle Si and/or Fidel Castro.
duki92: for your blessing to good people. I'd like to extend that to the rest of us, too, if I may, who may need it just as much if not more.
The Dean: (if it applies) for your awesome acknowledgement and happy thanksgiving and Hanukkah wishes
TaylorS: for your sweet, newbie thanks
alex2363: for your simple prayer, stewardship, and Princeliness (although we don't call him that anymore... do we?).
Your post reminds me of a classic Myron Cohen joke:
Two old people walking down the street talking...
Old Person 1: What would you do if you found a million dollars?
Old Person 2 after some thought: Well, I suppose if it belonged to a poor person, I'd just have to give it back.
Chadao: for your sweet poem
Unadan: for your simple thanks
Iginxyz: for your essential wishes
Mr_Smartepants: for your thanks and guidance
mjemec: for your B&B love and piety
Parjay: for your filial love and piety
Sfbagger: for your prayer for those who serve as guardians
BarnOwl: for your most poetic prayer
jbs33333: for your prayer most explicitly calling for interfaith and world peace, echoing Isaiah 2 and 11

I SAY: AMEN AND THANKS TO YOU ALL!!

And, the PIF GOES TO: jwtiger69
Thank you for sharing the thoughts and prayer of your heart, so simply, earnestly, and movingly conveyed, and an inspiration for me and I imagine others on this Thanksgiving and Hannukah.

I pray that this PIF will, at least in some small way, answer your prayers, help and inspire you to enjoy and fulfill the spirit of the season and B&B and to be better able and inspired to PIF to others one day.​

Thank you ALL and I PRAY THAT:
YOU HAVE an INSPIRED and APPRECIATIVE THANKSGIVING AND HANUKKAH
THE SPIRIT YOU'VE SHARED HERE SHINES FORTH, and
YOUR PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!

Happy shaves,

BarbaGnosa

Last edited:
Once again thanks for this awesome pif! I got everything this last Friday. I really need to get a picture up if I can remember. This is truly a great time of year and I loved seeing everyone's thought's and prayers.

Top Bottom