What's new

LIGHTFOOT's PINE BODY BARS

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Now I wish I got the 10 bars basically at the price of 4. Oh well.
So anyway my initial impression is favorable. The bar is pretty huge. The scent is strong. The lather was not explosive and maybe on the dry side. Maybe needs a little more water. I didn’t have any adverse or allergic reactions. And the scent does seem to linger afterwards in a very mild yet pleasing way. I’m interested to see how using it going forward is and how fast or slow the bar disappears. Great suggestions @malocchio

Now I wish I got the 10 bars basically at the price of 4. Oh well.
So anyway my initial impression is favorable. The bar is pretty huge. The scent is strong. The lather was not explosive and maybe on the dry side. Maybe needs a little more water. I didn’t have any adverse or allergic reactions. And the scent does seem to linger afterwards in a very mild yet pleasing way. I’m interested to see how using it going forward is and how fast or slow the bar disappears. Great suggestions @malocchio
The bar is hard as a rock, very hard milled so you'll need a little more water and agitation of the bar....it should last quite awhile..I made the same 4 bar mistake before we found out about Little Rhody Foods !!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
For anyone who has used this longer term has anyone noticed any drying with this soap. I haven’t yet but I’ve been told that heavily scented soaps can lead to dry skin.

On another note this soap goes nicely with captain north aftershave

What the heck...just ordered a 10 bar pack too. I've been hunting around for pine tar'esque soap lately. Hope the bars last a little bit...hate seeing soap bars that visually shrink before my eyes in the shower, hahahaha.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve been using it since February and still enjoying it. The bars last a nice long time too.
Thanks for the update!
What the heck...just ordered a 10 bar pack too. I've been hunting around for pine tar'esque soap lately. Hope the bars last a little bit...hate seeing soap bars that visually shrink before my eyes in the shower, hahahaha.
You know you have to let us know what you think right?

Also, those that have tried it: would a lady (or even my wife, LOL) like the scent?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for the update!

You know you have to let us know what you think right?

Also, those that have tried it: would a lady (or even my wife, LOL) like the scent?
Tbh probably not. Think Christmas tree scent. But On steroids.

Last edited:
Ran out of my favorite pine body soap a year ago, Pino Silvestre PINE GEMS . This is a truly fabulous pine bar , expensive , but good. Actually, it's still for sale on a few vendors sites, but I do not think it is currently in production. While cruising around I found the Lightfoot's bar at Bigelow Chemist, a well known trusted vendor. I can't decide which brand is better, it's a real close call. Both have fresh cut pine aroma , I have a hunch the Lightfoot bar is triple French milled , not sure about the Pino. View attachment 1212897View attachment 1212898View attachment 1212899View attachment 1212900View attachment 1212903$24 for 4 large , heavy bars in a nice box, well worth it.
4 left on Amazon hurry!
Amazon.com : Pino Silvestre Pine Gems Essence Toliet Soap 5.29 Oz Imported From Italy : Bath Soaps : Beauty

I've used the Lightfoot's bar soap for a while - it's excellent! Just like Malocchio said. It seems to be triple-milled so lasts a long time. A true classic pine soap, very pleasant, not harsh or smelling like household cleaning products.

I also have a puck of their shaving soap but haven't begun it yet since I'm working on another pine soap, so can't speak to that one yet. The Lightfoot shaving soap puck is on the smaller side and seems identical in scent to the bar soap.

Go buy some immediately to help ensure it doesn't get dropped from production! :badger:

I think the Pino products sold in the US are victims of the import process, and are ordinarily at very reasonable prices back in Italy.

It makes me feel better, in a way, when I have to pay for a huge itemized shipping fee, since at least I know what I'm paying for.

Quick update, I've used 1 1/2 bars in about 6 weeks. Showering every day. Like others have said, a nice pleasant pine scent. Not too strong, or artificial smelling. Not harsh or drying at all. Once mine are gone (it will be over a year) I will order more! A great soap. :)

Top Bottom