What's new

Life with soap samples

Another benefit of samples is they are great for travel. I always have a few in my dopp bag so I have some variety on the road. I do prefer the experience of loading and lathering from a full size tub however.

Well. By that, I mean I keep about a dozen in the shave den cabinet … but, for better or worse, have about another 40-50 soaps stashed in ammo cans. Those dozen change out every couple months.

The only problem is when I get to the range, go to pull out a belt of 7.62mm linked, and 12 soaps come tumbling out ...

AA
This actually makes a lot of sense to me: Rotating through a few soaps (I'm thinking my number is more like three than twelve, but whatever) and periodically "rotating the rotation." Saves cabinet space, avoids hard decisions, avoids boredom. I like the idea - especially with all these Stirling scents I'd like to try.

Here's hoping you'll never confront a home invader with an Atomic Rocket brush and a puck of peppermint lavender, though...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This actually makes a lot of sense to me: Rotating through a few soaps (I'm thinking my number is more like three than twelve, but whatever) and periodically "rotating the rotation." Saves cabinet space, avoids hard decisions, avoids boredom. I like the idea - especially with all these Stirling scents I'd like to try.

Here's hoping you'll never confront a home invader with an Atomic Rocket brush and a puck of peppermint lavender, though...

This. Warmer scents such as sandalwood etc. are for winter … neutrals such as Williams, Arko etc. shoulder seasons … cooling soaps such as Proraso green for summer.

Local home invaders are more like insects, bears etc. and a crew-served weapon won't help.

AA

Well. By that, I mean I keep about a dozen in the shave den cabinet … but, for better or worse, have about another 40-50 soaps stashed in ammo cans. Those dozen change out every couple months.

The only problem is when I get to the range, go to pull out a belt of 7.62mm linked, and 12 soaps come tumbling out ...

AA
Haha, and no razor, haha

Haha good joke,

AA

Ahh..linked 7.62..reminds me of my training on the PIG in the USN. :D:D:D:a33:
(we and the MARDET had the M-60, M-240 was still a few years away)

(the .50 was funner though! :D)

Ad Astra

The Instigator

(the .50 was funner though! :D)

Nothin' funny about Ma (Deuce), only fun. :a33: Wish I had one.

:tank: I am making a shave brush out of a 20mm shell - .50 BMG was too small, believe it or not.

25mm and 40mm were way too big, I tried.

full

full

AA :a39:

Stirling Samples ..... less than three bucks each ..... and a good 15 - 20 shaves out of each one.
Ahhhhh, ..... Life is good !

IMG_2981.jpg

Nothin' funny about Ma (Deuce), only fun. :a33: Wish I had one.

:tank: I am making a shave brush out of a 20mm shell - .50 BMG was too small, believe it or not.

25mm and 40mm were way too big, I tried.

full

full

AA :a39:

Oh yeah, 20 mike-mike cut down is perfect!

I like that!!

Soap sampes are the best way to figure out if you like the scent or not.

As mentioned, i also prefer using soap from a full tub if possible, but samples are not enough of a PITA to stop using them since i scoop from the full tub most of the time anyways, so its no different. You just need to make sure to use enough product since if you load directly from the tub the brush picks up a lot more soap than you would think.

Agree on the Stirling samples, if you are an every other day (or 3rd day if out of office traveling) shaver like myself you can honestly get a solid month of shaves out of a Stirling sample oretty easily if you don't load your bursh crazy heavy.

Best deal around for the quality of soap and scents!

Top Bottom