What's new

Let's talk about Clubman Special Reserve

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes. I recommend it.

I play in AC and there's a race book next door so it's not like I'm being as adventurous but it sounded good. lol

I'm not retired yet. The wife just went though, she had 38 years on her job. Such an odd feeling.
My health forced mine. I thought I'd love it. I miss the excitement of walking into drug houses to convince my clients to take their PRESCRIBED meds, lol.

Yes. I recommend it.

I play in AC and there's a race book next door so it's not like I'm being as adventurous but it sounded good. lol

I'm not retired yet. The wife just went though. She had 38 years on her job. Such an odd feeling.
My health forced mine. I thought I'd love it. I miss the excitement of walking into drug houses to convince my clients to take their PRESCRIBED meds, lol.

That does sound interesting.
But I suppose it's a young man's game. You'll find something to get you out of bed in the morning. I honestly haven't heard one person tell me they're sad they retired. They all find something else to do.

But it's one of those big life transitions. I feel you. I'm not ready yet either and it would be a shock and my job is about as boring as they come. lol

People tend to categorize scents into "old" and "young", which is valid, I guess. It sort of drives me nuts because it's an oversimplification. I think it's more fair and accurate to think of fragrances as modern and classic. I depends on your personal style as to which one is for you. When I was younger, I definitely was into classic as well, be it clothing or fragrance. I am 39 and I still wear both types of scents.

Pinaud SR is perhaps the most masculine classic scent I have ever owned. It gives Aramis a run for its money. Think Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson. Yeah, these are old guys, but they'll always be icons of coolness. If that's not your thing you, should stay away from SR. If that's not your idea of masculine then you cannot pull it off.

My only problem with Clubman SR is that I can't find it in stores here. I have to order online. Plenty of the Original or Classic or whatever it's called, but no SR.

Last year's thread on SR, it's scent was describe as this:
proxy.php

At least that was the general consensus. One of my favorite Clubman scent.
I thought Imhotep there was the spokesmummy for Tabac.

I melted a puck of unsented Van De Hagen and stired in 6-7 good shakes of SR. The soap is cheap enough and available locally to me that if didnt work out it would be no big deal. If its a concern to you, add 2-3 shakes and add more up to your satisfaction.
Maybe I should try dabbing a bit of SR into my Erasmic shave soap, which has almost no scent at all.

Top Bottom