What's new

Let's talk about Clubman Special Reserve

I love my SR, probably need to get some more decent bottle for that. Maybe an old old spice burley.
Can you guys recommend a matching shaving soap?
I melted a puck of unsented Van De Hagen and stired in 6-7 good shakes of SR. The soap is cheap enough and available locally to me that if didnt work out it would be no big deal. If its a concern to you, add 2-3 shakes and add more up to your satisfaction.

I just added SR to my collection this week and I am blown away. It is much stronger and longer lasting than the other Clubman scents...I notice on the bottle they are calling it an “Aftershave Cologne” rather than an “Aftershave Lotion”. It really delivers...dark, smokey, hints of leather...I freaking love this stuff and lucky for me, my wife does too.

SR is now tied with Brandy Spice as my favorite Clubman scent!

I just added SR to my collection this week and I am blown away. It is much stronger and longer lasting than the other Clubman scents...I notice on the bottle they are calling it an “Aftershave Cologne” rather than an “Aftershave Lotion”. It really delivers...dark, smokey, hints of leather...I freaking love this stuff and lucky for me, my wife does too.

SR is now tied with Brandy Spice as my favorite Clubman scent!
A couple of them are labeled "aftershave cologne". They have a different colored cap. Pinaud Clubman Musk is one of these. It smells a bit like Brut mixed with Clubman original. It also lasts a pretty long time.

I wish they'd come out with a EdT line.

A couple of them are labeled "aftershave cologne". They have a different colored cap. Pinaud Clubman Musk is one of these. It smells a bit like Brut mixed with Clubman original. It also lasts a pretty long time.

I wish they'd come out with a EdT line.

Interesting...thanks for the heads up! Special Reserve seems to last forever. Definitely one of my strongest and longest lasting AS.

I melted a puck of unsented Van De Hagen and stired in 6-7 good shakes of SR. The soap is cheap enough and available locally to me that if didnt work out it would be no big deal. If its a concern to you, add 2-3 shakes and add more up to your satisfaction.
Good idea. I yet have to find an unscented soap locally.

It's the boss of my cabinet. Every other AS defers to him.
Gladly go along with the "old man" simile as the "old woman's purse" bingo hall thing is completely asinine.

I love my SR, probably need to get some more decent bottle for that. Maybe an old old spice burley.
Can you guys recommend a matching shaving soap?

I find SR to pair well with Proraso Wood & Spice. It doesn’t match perfectly, but to my nose they share a lot of the same notes.

Wife no like. Me like.
We celebrated 25 years yesterday, I booked dinner at Ruth's Chris for Saturday. I suspect I'll be wearing something by Penhaligons and not Pinaud. LOL

Wife no like. Me like.
We celebrated 25 years yesterday, I booked dinner at Ruth's Chris for Saturday. I suspect I'll be wearing something by Penhaligons and not Pinaud. LOL
To everything there is a season...I think Pinaud is definitely for going out and playing cards, darts, betting on horse races, drinking whiskey with guys you were in the service with. I have literally done none of these things, but my wife loves it so I can wear it whenever.

The Penhaligons, in most people's minds, fits Ruth's Chris more than Pinaud does. Have fun!

To everything there is a season...I think Pinaud is definitely for going out and playing cards, darts, betting on horse races, drinking whiskey with guys you were in the service with. I have literally done none of these things, but my wife loves it so I can wear it whenever.

The Penhaligons, in most people's minds, fits Ruth's Chris more than Pinaud does. Have fun!

I've actually worn SR while playing cards and betting on horses. LOL
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

I tried SR for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I think it burned an area on my neck. Has anyone ever experience this? I loved the smell, but I am afraid to use it again. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last year's thread on SR, it's scent was describe as this:
proxy.php

At least that was the general consensus. One of my favorite Clubman scent.
Some of us were saying that she would smell like Tabac if you nuggled behind her ear. To me I like tobacco and my smoking grandma so Tabac is fine. SR is so potent its hard to enjoy. It does calm down but is still not great for me.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Some of us were saying that she would smell like Tabac if you nuggled behind her ear. To me I like tobacco and my smoking grandma so Tabac is fine. SR is so potent its hard to enjoy. It does calm down but is still not great for me.

Bootlegger's El Dorado.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You definitely should. It's potent; leather, cedarwood and tobacco. It makes a statement. [emoji41]
Just started looking through this thread again. Your description has me wanting to try it. As I am now an old fart, and don't much care what the War Department or anyone else thinks of my scent choices, I will put this on my short list!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've actually worn SR while playing cards and betting on horses. LOL
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.
Two things that I miss doing. I need to start a boys poker night. Low ante, suitable for a newly retired old fart!

Two things that I miss doing. I need to start a boys poker night. Low ante, suitable for a newly retired old fart!

Yes. I recommend it.

I play in AC and there's a race book next door so it's not like I'm being as adventurous but it sounded good. lol

I'm not retired yet. The wife just went though, she had 38 years on her job. Such an odd feeling.

Top Bottom