What's new

LET'S SUPPORT THIS FORUM-BE A CONTRIBUTOR

First off-I am not a member of the moderator staff, nor is this post being solicited by anyone in this forum.
The reason for this post is that I have benefited greatly from the information, guidance and support of all the members of this Forum. Obviously everyone who belongs to this Forum has found value in every aspect of this group. We have asked questions, sought advice and everyone of us has received what we are looking for from our vast membership. But that being said, there would be no advice, no guidance, no help of any kind if this Forum didn't exist. It can only exist if we financially support it. I know that they receive money from vendors and many of our members. But it is never really enough to make sure there is longevity of support.
I am asking all of you, if you can afford it, to be a contributor to this Forum. It doesn't matter what level, just contribute. For the cost of a brush, you can be an entry level contributor, like me. Let's show our support and help out the best we can.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's kind of you to think of the forum, and it's appreciated.
These are some economically tough times, and while many may not think 25 bucks is much, for some it may be the difference between making a car or a mortgage payment.
We appreciate those who do contribute if they can, but certainly welcome those who can't.
No one should feel any pressure to contribute and the site will continue to serve members as long as it is possible, contributor or otherwise.
There are tangible benefits to being a contributor, but we recognize that not everyone is in a position financially to do more.
Thanks to all - contributors for making a concrete effort to keep B&B a viable functioning forum, and non-contributors for living with the ad system we have in place.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
First off-I am not a member of the moderator staff, nor is this post being solicited by anyone in this forum.
The reason for this post is that I have benefited greatly from the information, guidance and support of all the members of this Forum. Obviously everyone who belongs to this Forum has found value in every aspect of this group. We have asked questions, sought advice and everyone of us has received what we are looking for from our vast membership. But that being said, there would be no advice, no guidance, no help of any kind if this Forum didn't exist. It can only exist if we financially support it. I know that they receive money from vendors and many of our members. But it is never really enough to make sure there is longevity of support.
I am asking all of you, if you can afford it, to be a contributor to this Forum. It doesn't matter what level, just contribute. For the cost of a brush, you can be an entry level contributor, like me. Let's show our support and help out the best we can.

This was a very nice post, and as you saw, it is appreciated I assure you. But I also agree with the statements from @luvmysuper if one can contribute, please do so, but never should one feel the pressure to contribute, if they are unable, whether financially or otherwise.

You may not realize this Walpan, because you are new here as of April of this year, but I was a contributor for my first year on B&B. The biggest benefit to being a contributor for me, was getting rid of the annoying ads that get in the way of my fun, and helping to support the server costs, to keep B&B going. Having said that, times got tough this year, and I had to put my money into buying some new equipment and supplies, this left me with no money to renew my contributorship.

I'm hoping to renew my contributorship at a surprise time, as a gift to B&B. Thanks again for the nice post. I have had some really nice people help me here, and I appreciate them like a family of brother's. 🍻

This was a very nice post, and as you saw, it is appreciated I assure you. But I also agree with the statements from @luvmysuper if one can contribute, please do so, but never should one feel the pressure to contribute, if they are unable, whether financially or otherwise.

You may not realize this Walpan, because you are new here as of April of this year, but I was a contributor for my first year on B&B. The biggest benefit to being a contributor for me, was getting rid of the annoying ads that get in the way of my fun, and helping to support the server costs, to keep B&B going. Having said that, times got tough this year, and I had to put my money into buying some new equipment and supplies, this left me with no money to renew my contributorship.

I'm hoping to renew my contributorship at a surprise time, as a gift to B&B. Thanks again for the nice post. I have had some really nice people help me here, and I appreciate them like a family of brother's. 🍻
I truly understand the economics involved for everybody. I, in no way, was trying to pressure anyone into contributing. I merely wanted to bring the worthiness of this forum and the expense of maintaining it to the forefront.
I absolutely agree that one’s personal situation is primary to this forum.
I apologize to anyone who thought I was being heavy handed in my appeal.
in short, support if you are able but always use and enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Hi,

Don't forget there is a hidden forum here for Contributors. That's worth thinking about. :)

Also, the ads disappear. Also worth thinking about. :)

What happens to me is, I see the yearly contributor renewal note and then forget about it. Then, my year expires and the ads return. That gets me off my duff! :p

Stan

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi,

Don't forget there is a hidden forum here for Contributors. That's worth thinking about. :)

Also, the ads disappear. Also worth thinking about. :)

What happens to me is, I see the yearly contributor renewal note and then forget about it. Then, my year expires and the ads return. That gets me off my duff! :p

Stan
The Contributor forum is a great place to grab some otherwise unavailable swag too!
For Contributors, we do go there first to run out new ideas and get input from the vested members here.
The private Contributor BST is a nice touch too.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I truly understand the economics involved for everybody. I, in no way, was trying to pressure anyone into contributing. I merely wanted to bring the worthiness of this forum and the expense of maintaining it to the forefront.
I absolutely agree that one’s personal situation is primary to this forum.
I apologize to anyone who thought I was being heavy handed in my appeal.
in short, support if you are able but always use and enjoy this forum as much as I do.
I didn't think, or mean to imply that you put pressure on, I just wanted folks to know that we appreciate contributors, but understand if someone is having a difficult time in this topsy turvy financial situation we find ourselves in!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was glad to see some attention given to the idea of contributing. This site works so well because the people here all contribute to each through posting their experiences. I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness and willingness to share exhibited by so many members.

For those of us with a few extra dollars so we can contribute financially, I think this is a good thing. To be reminded about that opportunity is a plus, I think. I would hope no one feels an inordinate amount of pressure to do so, as I know that wasn’t @walpan ‘s intention.

I posted this in the same thread on the contributors forum:

I saw the value in being a base level contributor with hours or a couple of days of joining.
There was information I sought and I wanted it without delay.
I have always tried to contribute the minimum on forums I use as a show of support.
There is an incalculable amount of information archived in forums like this.
Of course, spending $25 on membership enabled me to more wisely spend several hundreds of dollars more in shave gear and supplies.
Wrapping it up, it's been a great value and not having ads is even better!

ETA: Depending on my situation, it's possible I may not be a contributor next year.

Top Bottom