What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

this tuesday morning, did a walk in nearby 'hood, which i had not done in a while.
proxy.php

There are no bird feeders near our house. We have lived in this house for over twenty years and have never seen a hawk like this one near our house. There are plenty of cardinals and blue jays.

There are no bird feeders near our house. We have lived in this house for over twenty years and have never seen a hawk like this one near our house. There are plenty of cardinals and blue jays.
they like to prey on smaller birds.
so the cardinals and jays may be of interest, especially if there is a nest anywhere near.

I would say it's a juvenile Coopers. It seems to big for a Sharp-shinned. Also the spots on a juvenile Sharp-shinned look more blurred, and it's legs aren't that thick. Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing.
It was a lucky shot. We had just changed the type of curtains on the windows and doors that face the deck, which made it easier to see onto the deck. My wife's camera was in the desk close to the window when I noticed the hawk. I asked her to very slowly hand me the camera. I was about 15 feet from it when I took the photo.

It’s fun to see the European birds we don’t get over here. What are the two that aren’t sparrows or starlings?

Top Bottom