What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

Heron

Heron 2.jpg

I watched this blue heron for about an hour took well over a hundred shots. Waiting hoping for it to get a fish or to get some shots of the take off. As soon as he took off I hit the shutter button only to get a no battery power remains message. At least I got a few different poses out of it.
P1310655.JPG
P1310812.JPG
P1310905.JPG

DSCN1152.JPG

Notice anything strange?

One the left is an adult chipping sparrow, and he/she is seen here feeding its "child," who is actually a changeling. It"s a cowbird. Mother cowbird secretly left an egg in the chipping sparrow's nest, the egg hatched, and the changeling pushed all of its nest mates out, leaving its new mom and dad to raise their gigantic baby as an only child. Parasitism in action!

Don

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
View attachment 1135753
Notice anything strange?

One the left is an adult chipping sparrow, and he/she is seen here feeding its "child," who is actually a changeling. It"s a cowbird. Mother cowbird secretly left an egg in the chipping sparrow's nest, the egg hatched, and the changeling pushed all of its nest mates out, leaving its new mom and dad to raise their gigantic baby as an only child. Parasitism in action!

Don

Good job of reporting, Don.

Top Bottom