What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

IMG_6640.jpeg

I felt a little guilty for posting the GBH photo. He was in my backyard but my neighbour took the photo with his camera. The Canada Geese I took with my iPhone. I did take the photo of the GBH on top of the cedar. He used come very often and would enjoy pruning himself. A nasty wind took the tree down and now we have to spot them in the rushes. They are almost invisible as they blend in so well. They seldom move while waiting to strike for prey.

IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg

Any good groundhog knows spring isn’t here yet. These pictures taken the last day of February. Both pairs are staking their claims to nesting spots adjacent to our channel. If there are any disputes the swans always prevail. Our springs are always announced with the return of the Red Wing Blackbirds. Any day now in March. Their return turns up the volume and ends the winter quiet. The wetlands exploding into numerous nesting nurseries. Once temperatures reach 50 degrees the frogs awaken starting with the mighty choruses of the Peepers. We love the seasons with spring being our favourite. A harmonious noise of nature and a lot of action.

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

Me and the girlfriend were at the local garden centre this afternoon. While walking through the indoor plant section, basically a large greenhouse, I heard a tweeting. At first I thought that it was a recording of brid noises, then I notice this little fellow. 😍
20240324_113536.jpg
20240324_113551.jpg
20240324_113620.jpg
20240324_113550.jpg
20240324_113529.jpg

Top Bottom