What's new

lets see you try and ID this one then.. *grin*

scored this from the bay a few days ago. there are no markings on it anywhere, neither on the leather case, the bakelite containers or the bakelite razor. the mirror is chromed metal, it feels quite light, so i guess its aluminium. same with the box. its a 3 peice DE that is just a fraction too small for standard blades. they fit, and it gives a good enough shave, but god its aggressive.

any ideas?

It's a Forbush-Harris kit, that was only made in the first quarter of the fourth year of the Second World War. It's a little known razor that originated when the government tried to scale back the size of blades to help with the steel shortage.

The plant that produced them was destroyed by a crack Nazi commando team sent on the direct orders of Hitler, who believed that he could undermine the morale of the allies by shutting down any advances in shaving technology.

Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

:rolleyes:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The head looks a little like a Wardonia, made in Sheffield, but the handle isn't right. These were copied a lot in France in the 40's
Based on the handle, my bet would be a Neillite razor from the 30's, made in the USA

Last edited:
That was sad. That was when they started calling Americans Dogfaces!! ;-)
having shaved with this thing, i am glad i still have a face at all.

My bet would be a Neillite razor from the 30's, made in the USA
having just had a quick search with google images, its possible. but the ones i see are far more ornate than the one i have, the handle is a plain, slightly tapered cylinder with no markings or embellishments on it at all.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
having shaved with this thing, i am glad i still have a face at all.

having just had a quick search with google images, its possible. but the ones i see are far more ornate than the one i have, the handle is a plain, slightly tapered cylinder with no markings or embellishments on it at all.

Well, I was just killing time till Guido got here. No one can stump Guido.

The head looks a little like a Wardonia, made in Sheffield, but the handle isn't right. These were copied a lot in France in the 40's Based on the handle, my bet would be a Neillite razor from the 30's, made in the USA

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Achim is the man! I should have known to look at his site, he has almost everything ever made on there!

nice try. and i can see where you are coming from. but on further inspection, the underside of the razor is clearly marked as "Made In England" also, the way the blade mounts is different to mine and the underside of the head is a different shape. this one has no safety bar and the blade projects a good 2mm or so. also i was wrong about the handle being plain. it is in columns similar to the handle on the one you posted, but much much thinner, and closer together.

have some more pictures to help..

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yeah, after a second look at that handle, I'm going to go with Wardonia, made in Sheffield and sold in France in the late 30's early 40's.
Of course, could be just a knock off of a Wardonia, like the Weishi is to the Gillette Superspeed today.

Last edited:
aye, i am pretty happy with the guess at a wardonia of some sort, but corroboration is never a bad thing :D

Top Bottom