What's new

La Toja shaving stick reformulation

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Oh dear…

The Spanish La Toja website shows currently only the shaving stick, two types of canned shaving foam, and two types of balsam. 🙁
No indication whether that is temporary or not.

B.
I hope they are just updating their site. If anyone has more certain information, please post them here. Thank you, Gentlemen.

My local shop just ordered creams and etc. and had no issues getting them. I just think it is a website that could be better and doesn't show everything.

My local shop just ordered creams and etc. and had no issues getting them. I just think it is a website that could be better and doesn't show everything.

I read in a Spanish forum, that information. They directly contacted the company that confirmed that, the creams, are no longer catalogued (the actual word they used).
So I assumed the products that are available on the website, are the ones that are being produced.

I read in a Spanish forum, that information. They directly contacted the company that confirmed that, the creams, are no longer catalogued (the actual word they used).
So I assumed the products that are available on the website, are the ones that are being produced.
Those creams are the best on the market. That's purely stupid.

I did the same and contacted Henkel Iberica S.A. and they replied that “we regret to inform you that we currently no longer sell La Toja shaving cream, neither Classic nor Sensitive Skin.”

That’s really sad, because I preferred the La Toja creams to the La Toja stick.
I am also surprised that they pulled the plug on both, which is the opposite what Palmolive did with their shaving stick, when Palmolive pulled the plug on the shaving stick but kept producing several creams.

B.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I did the same and contacted Henkel Iberica S.A. and they replied that “we regret to inform you that we currently no longer sell La Toja shaving cream, neither Classic nor Sensitive Skin.”

That’s really sad, because I preferred the La Toja creams to the La Toja stick.
I am also surprised that they pulled the plug on both, which is the opposite what Palmolive did with their shaving stick, when Palmolive pulled the plug on the shaving stick but kept producing several creams.

B.
This is terrible. Really terrible. The shaving creams have a long and glorious history and, just like the soap, they've been around since time immemorial. I honestly do not understand why the company has taken this drastic decision towards a much loved, best-selling product. Today is a sad day, Gentlemen.

FYI I just purchased another tube of cream from a seller on eBay that I have purchased from before. His posting indicates "more than 10 available".

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
If in Spain I do find the Classic creams of course I'll be grabbing as much as I can at this point. If I don't, I'll just double the number of sticks.

Very sad to see the splash discontinued, too. :sad:

No more La Toja cream??? Crazy!!!

Although I have used a tube, that is all I have used since 2010, when I started using more than Surrey soap. Maybe the demand just isn’t there. I have used several sticks, with five in reserve.

I hope I have a tube stashed somewhere. I still have a can of foam from 2011 or so. The canned foam is the most enjoyable I have used.

Last edited:
I'm cornered about the stick. Before they discontinued it (if they are along with the cream) they should offer 150g puck for $16 or so. I grate my sticks for a mug already. Bet it would reach more folks. A lot more.

Last edited:
I just checked for another tube. I’m out. I guess I still have enough of some great products to last until I die, including those La Toja sticks. I have three tubes of Portuguese Top Secret, another great cream which is no longer being produced.

For the folks that enjoy the salty mineral notes I thought I would share this as I found this hand soap to have a wonderful fragrance along the same vein, I absolutely love this soap myself. Figured I would share here as many have mentioned they enjoy this type of scent.

IMG_2466.jpeg

Top Bottom