What's new

La Toja - Absolutely Amazing Cream

I've only recently began to delve into the shaving cream world after being a soap user for the last 7 years. I've got about 6 different creams under my belt, all with varying levels of success and comfort. I have been working my way through all the different creams I purchased from Maggard's Razors and came upon my new tube of La Toja last night.

Wow! I was awe-struck at how well this cream performed. Probably the slickest cream I've used to date, along with some serious cushion-y protection. My Rockwell 6S cruised right through 2 days of growth like nothing was even there. It was almost as if that cream softened my hairs more than usual. Plus, the residual slickness was sublime.

And the scent! 99% of the time, I enjoy unscented soaps/creams or ones that have the "soapy" smell to them. Most fragrance oils burn my face, so I tend to avoid them. But, this scent was different - it was light, crisp, and clean with a hint of "sea" to me. And no burn! Just slick, lathery goodness.

My face loved this cream! The post-shave feel was incredible and left my face hydrated with zero irritation afterwards. I was debating even using an AS after that shave. This cream is a definite winner in my book and will always be in den from now on. :)

proxy.php

I'm fortunate enough to have a sister that lives in Spain. She knows that staying with me in the UK is totally conditional on delivery of the following - Floid Vigarosso aftershave and La Toja Classic cream. Both top drawer products.

Not that impressed with it actually. Lathers well...slick....but not as protective and cushioning as I like. The white Sensative Skin version is the better of the two. Reasonablly priced in Spain. Would never, ever pay the high US prices for it though....just not worth it......YMMV....

One of my favorites. It has mineral salts, which is where you must get the hint of sea. That has great skin conditioning properties. My face always feels well moisturized and this cream really does a great job of softening hair and skin to provide an excellent shave.

Try their excellent shave stick also. It's amazing how much lather you can get from a small amount. Good size for travel too.

Love everything La Toja! The bath soap, sticks, creams. The ASB would be better if it smelled more like the rest of the range. Stocking up this summer! PIF always follows!

Just finished another fantastic shave with The Big Red Tube and my trusty Rockwell 6S.

Gobs of slick lather produced with my Omega Pro 49 - only from a nickel sized amount. Had enough lather for a 3 pass shave with touch ups. My wife says it’s her favorite scent out of all my creams.

Love me some La Toja. I also have the shave stick ordered and should be here as well. I hope it’s just as good as the cream.

Last edited:
I also have been using just soap pucks for the last 6 years and just recently got back to creams by trying the Proraso Single Blade cream. Very nice stuff. That La Toja cream is very tempting because I have the stick and it in my top 3 soaps of all kinds. Could be the overall best soap bar none. You will love it.

I also have been using just soap pucks for the last 6 years and just recently got back to creams by trying the Proraso Single Blade cream. Very nice stuff. That La Toja cream is very tempting because I have the stick and it in my top 3 soaps of all kinds. Could be the overall best soap bar none. You will love it.

Great!

Very much looking forward to it!

I used it only this morning, the slight saltiness makes it stand out, and it always works very well.
An excellent product from an excellent range.

B

I used it only this morning, the slight saltiness makes it stand out, and it always works very well.
An excellent product from an excellent range.

B

Interesting!

I saw it on IB and Amazon and remembered it had been talked about here. I had been looking for shave sticks that came prepackaged in tubes, for travel. Prices were OK. I saw pre-tubed Tabac also, which is another soap I’d like to try (interested in trying some of the classic ultra cheapies and classic scents eventually, like Arko and a good bay rum).

Last edited:
My La Toja take...
Have: Sensitive formula in tube as well as AS balm.
I really enjoy the freshness of the shaving cream, performance is good, but "slickness" could be a tad better.
The AS balm has the same fresh scent and great face feel. Absorbs quickly and isn't greasy.:001_smile

Have: Regular shave stick and AS balm.
The regular shave stick is fine, but nothing crazy great.
The regular AS balm also has a fresh scent but with some added sweetness that makes it Great.
Like the sensitive, it absorbs quickly and feels nice. But the scent, oh the scent... A+ :001_tt1:

Have: La Toja AS splash.
To me the AS splash smells nice & fresh, but not like either balm. The alcohol content is fairly noticeable after a shave.
All in all, there are plenty other AS splashes that smell as good or better for less $$.:a39:

Inquiry: Does the regular La Toja shaving cream (red tube), smell similar to the regular AS balm?

I gots me some La Toja cream for sensitive skin and that stuff is pretty dang awesome. Explodes with slick lather and smells so fresh and clean! The stick was one of my first purchases. Still want the aftershave.

Top Bottom