What's new

La Toja - Absolutely Amazing Cream

I've been using a new tube of the Classic for close to a couple of weeks now and could not be happier. For me it is super slick, plenty protective, and I love (love!) the scent.

--Lee

Why for some is slick and for others it's not?

Shake out the water from your brush before lathering. Slowly add water few drops at a time as needed. If it's not slick for you, then you might be using too much water. Or if your water is terrible, try mixing some bottled or filtered water into it for making lather. Do you get slickness from other creams? La Toja is truly amazing stuff and it's worth practicing and learning how to lather it well.

Learned something new today about La Toja...how to stinking pronounce it!

Lah Toe-ha.

I’ll admit I’ve been in the dark on this a month or two.

Ja ja ja. :001_tongu

Correct.
It's pronounced Toha - lets say like Tohatsu.

I don't know about the cream but the soap stick is excellent.

Yes, the shave stick is what I tried. First time La Toja and first time shave stick. It is very deceptive! Seems like there isn’t much on there, but then you start working it with the brush and BAM, lather appears out of nowhere.

Great stuff!

Great stuff! I had the stick first, then discovered my new favorite cream last Black Friday. Now when I give someone a starter kit I include a healthy sample!

A vendor was insistent that La Toja is pronounced "la TOY-a" and despite my years of Spanish classes I did not think it worthwhile to argue with him.

I started with the stick, which lit me up something fierce. It was a one-and-done. But the scent was so lovely that I was drawn back to the cream, hoping it would not have the same effect on me. So far it hasn't. And to temp fate I've bought another stick, which I'll try later in the year.

--Lee

A vendor was insistent that La Toja is pronounced "la TOY-a" and despite my years of Spanish classes I did not think it worthwhile to argue with him.

I started with the stick, which lit me up something fierce. It was a one-and-done. But the scent was so lovely that I was drawn back to the cream, hoping it would not have the same effect on me. So far it hasn't. And to temp fate I've bought another stick, which I'll try later in the year.

--Lee

Exactly what happened to me. Tried the stick first and it burned like the Fire of Hades. My face was lit up, but I really enjoyed the scent. On a whim, I bought the cream because it was on sale and I wanted to give it another try. Luckily, the cream didn't bother me at all and has given me nothing but wonderful shaves. :)

Broke out this cream for the first time in a month. Another fantastic shave and that scent is so lovely and refreshing on a hot day.

Broke out La Toja tonight to tackle some 3 day growth. This is my first summer using it and it is remarkably refreshing in the hot weather. As always, excellent performance and I absolutely love the scent. Easily in my top 3 creams.

Yes I have the Grapefruit scent BUT I always get a frothy and airy lather! Good slickness but not exactly satisfied with my lather.
The moment you get a frothy and airy lather, squeeze the base of the hairs on your brush over a sink. May have to do it twice but bubbles will be gone. Jm

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im not particularly interested in sticks but i ordered the aftershave today at $15 seemed like a no brainer

The moment you get a frothy and airy lather, squeeze the base of the hairs on your brush over a sink. May have to do it twice but bubbles will be gone. Jm

Thanks. Maybe I will try before loading to fully squeeze the brush. I use a Yaqi 30mm Synthetic and it holds tons of water.

Ok more feedback for the stick.

With the Omega 10065 boar brush I made an excellent first pass lather.
Then, I took the stick again and tried with rubbing it more on my face for the second pass.

Oooooops, this thing became so slick that fell off my hand and got under the sink on the floor and it was covered by dirt! I got it back, wash it thouroughly and tried again. I was holding it from the foil which there is around it, but still was slick!

I think I must try grated it in a bowl to be more comfortable for me. I think I don't like sticks, but this stuff is excellent!

Top Bottom