What's new

La Toja - Absolutely Amazing Cream

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1 on the stick, the sensitive cream, and best of all, La Toja "Magno" shampoo.

Have two tubes of the regular cream, courtesy of family in Spain, but I refuse to open one while the sensitive is 1/8 used.

Just great stuff, all.

AA

I’ve used all three...both of the cream types and the stick..

Verdict? Just OK. Nothing special. Great smell. Meh performance. Not particularly cushioning, slick or protective for me. Post-shave feel not as good as some other creams. The Sensitive cream was the best of the lot. Bottom line? I’d get it to try if I was in Spain where it’s very inexpensive. I’d NEVER pay the higher US prices for it. Just not worth it. The AS balm had a nice scent but the scent and post application smoothness and moisturizing wore off VERY quickly. It’s a bit on the watery side as well. YMMV...

For $5 a travel stick, just now threw on in the e-cart with an order. To cheap and too many positive reviews not to give it a try in my travel kit.

So you do not recommend this cream.. ?

No, I don’t...especially at US prices. IMO..it’s just not worth it. If you’re in Spain or know somebody who could pick one up for you there I could see trying some for the heck of it. Personally, I don’t even get it when I’m there anymore. There are so many creams that outperform it. I just bring along a tube of Penhaligons or Truefitt and Hill or AdP...my personal top cream performers available in tubes and call it a day...

Last edited:
Yes I have the Grapefruit scent BUT I always get a frothy and airy lather! Good slickness but not exactly satisfied with my lather.

Probably too much water.. Will try less.

I already have St.James of London Black Pepper & Lime, TOBS Grapefruit and many other creams cheaper., such as Palmolive, The Real Shave, Arko Hydrate, Cella, Figaro Black Edition, Vitos Classica, Proraso Single Blade Vetyver & Cypress and some others. Shall I try any Trumpers Coconut or GFT? I was interested in Baume.be cream. Top shelf product.

I think you have a point.

I mess with a lot of creams and soaps, always wanted to try something else but I end up storing lots of stuff and not try everything I have. I have 40 creams and soaps. Most of them are creams.

That’ll last you a fair while, for sure!

I’ve been traditional shaving for 3 years...I have 7 soaps/creams; the La Toja stick I ordered will be my 8th. At my current rate, it’ll probably take me a couple years to got through all of it lol.

Haha! Will be very difficult to finish even some of these products. I have the La toja stick. Good choice of you to buy it. Small stick, but good scent. Not sure how much you paid for, but I bought it for 2 euros here in Greece.

Ok, no worries, cheap enough. My main problem is that I cannot bring here some Barrister & Mann and Caties Bubbles. Too expensive shipping. Almost the price of the soap. OMG.

I wet shave for about 15 years, but in the begining I had only one cream, brush, razor.

Top Bottom