What's new

Kratz?

Hey, I found a razor, which womeone told me was a genco. I don't think it is, because it doesn't have the genco logo on it, but it has "Kratz Germany 96" on ones side of the tang, and two guys sawing a log on the other side. Does anyone know what kind of razor it is, or how well it shaves? It looks like its in pretty good condition, except for some minor rust on the tang.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

SP

Welcome to B&B

I don't know anything about Kratz razors, but old German razors in decent shape, as yours seems to be, are usually a pretty safe bet, so chances are you'll have a decent shaver there when it's honed up. Pursuant to that, go to the General Straight Razor page and open the thread called " Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving". All the information you need to get started is there.

Best Regards

Graham

I'm not familiar with the brand, but kestrel is right. There were several manufacturers in Germany, not all well known. I have yet to find one that, in good shape, wasn't an excellent shaver.

I'm not familiar with the brand, but kestrel is right. There were several manufacturers in Germany, not all well known. I have yet to find one that, in good shape, wasn't an excellent shaver.
Make that hundreds of small manufacturers in Solingen. That is not a genco. They were all made in the U.S.

Top Bottom