What's new

Kiss My Face

First off, it's slicker than deer gut on a doorknob.
Second, it lathers more than a rabid dog chewing alka-seltzer.
Third, it has more cushion than a sofa factory.
Fourth, it gives your face more protection than a welder's mask.
Fifth, it's so cheap, I paid with a penny and got change.
Sixth, It smells so good, it doesn't even need a scent.
Seventh, its so good that my brush asked me if I could shave him.
Eighth, its so good, I sent Proraso a "Dear John" letter.
Ninth, Its so good, my face left me for it.
Tenth, Its so good the letters BBS send fan mail to the letters KMF.

But did you like it?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ian

Pro's:
Cheap
Slickness
Scents
Availability
Superlather compatible (unscented)
Can be used without a brush if necessary

Con's:
Cushion is lackluster
Gooey

I'm going to go ATG here, but KMF is an average 6/10 for me. It is a pretty good everyday cream on the cheap. The lather it produces I notice is a bit "grainy" in texture and not very cushioned. Also it can became too "gooey" on the face in my opinion. Anyway I would still say it beats C.O.'s and is cheaper.

Well, rock my cradle and call me baby! This stuff is really, really, really, really good! I mean really good. Top shelf. Numero uno. The King of Kings. EL Supremo de Grande ala Excellente. I'm stupefied. Just didn't expect it to be so darn good.

Why is it so good?

First off, it's slicker than deer gut on a doorknob.
Second, it lathers more than a rabid dog chewing alka-seltzer.
Third, it has more cushion than a sofa factory.
Fourth, it gives your face more protection than a welder's mask.
Fifth, it's so cheap, I paid with a penny and got change.
Sixth, It smells so good, it doesn't even need a scent.
Seventh, its so good that my brush asked me if I could shave him.
Eighth, its so good, I sent Proraso a "Dear John" letter.
Ninth, Its so good, my face left me for it.
Tenth, Its so good the letters BBS send fan mail to the letters KMF.

What do you gentlemen think?

About the KMF I have no idea, that thing is impossible to find here in Europe.
But this post is the funniest thing that I was able to read today! :lol: :lol:

I just checked and they sell it at our local Tar-jay so I'm heading over tomorrow to get some. I'm officially taking up more space on the bathroom counter than my wife at this point.

Great OP.

I saw this product at Whole Foods (whole paycheck?). I will check Tarjeea to see if my local store carries this.

Got to say, I was a pretty big fan of KMF when I was a noob. Unfortunately, as I've tried a few different creams and soaps, I am beginning to feel the cheapness in this product. Many of the scents are off -- mint and lime in particular smell oddly artificial -- and, while it's very easy to whip up an impressive lather, when I'm done shaving, the performance of said lather isn't so impressive. I just finished off a big tube of C.O./Proraso, and it gave me closer shaves AND better protection against razor burn when compared to the KMF.

Really? I thought the exact opposite. I can't see what all the hype is around proraso. Very mediocre in my opinion. When I got KMF I knew I'd rarely use proraso anymore.

I am a fan of KMF as well. So far I have three fragrances in my Den. I have only been able to find it locally in a vitamin store. One of the local supermarkets (PUBLIX) had it a few weeks ago but when I checked a few days back the product was no where to be found.

One of the interesting things about this hobby is locating various products at good prices.

I picked up a tube of KMF unscented to make superlather with a couple weeks ago. I tried it with some Conk soap, but found the results to be pretty meh. I just tried it again with a new puck of TOBS Sandalwood soap and it was FANTASTIC! It was so slick and hydrated that I couldn't believe it.

KMF shaving cream is excellent stuff for all the reasons the review states. All natural too. the only downside is that it is slow to rinse off. When i used to shave in the shower, that downside became an upside, though.

:thumbup:

Is Virgin Forrest a new scent or a discontinued one? I haven't seen it. The vanilla, lavender and unscented are my faves but I'd sure like a pine version. I think when these were introduced there was a pine variant. Sadly I never got a hold of one.

I used KMF Lime this morning with my little Tweezerman badger brush and had an explosion of rich lime smelling lather.

What a great hobby this wet shaving is!

Top Bottom