What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Did you have your #160 re-plated? Such a terrific razor and thanks again for turning me on to its greatness. Looking good!
Thanks, Tom. I snagged this re-plate from Scott on the BST, along with some other goodies. And he sent me some marvelous samples as well. I’m a sucker for nickel to begin with.

Sunday December 6

IMG-1577.jpg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Two Band Badger
Soap & Aftershave: Fine Platinum

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Day two of this identical setup. I am loving the Land Ho! aftershave, and my bride said ‘you smell good’ for the first time in quite a while. Guess I’ll be buying some products from CC soon!
61F80A4B-A42B-4596-AD15-03E3ED6C1A57.jpeg

Gillette 48-49 NDC Super Speed
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP (5)
Stirling British Leather (sample)
Omega 10065 boar
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
English Leather Cologne

Sun 13th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap Shannon's BarberShop - Trying New Sample 👍👍👍
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC 👍👍👍
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Wow..! Very very nice soap! Easy to lather and what a great scent! Creamy and slick too...all from just a tiny bit.
Shave with the fav vintage razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for between a bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Excellent soap and razor/blade!
Rating 9.8/10
20201213_111533.jpg

Razor: Gillette New SC
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Brush: Simpson Faux Ruby Duke 3 Manchurian
Aftershave: Vintage Avon Wild Country​

One could use this set up everyday for the rest of their lives and be content. Such a simple set up, but each divine every time.

IMG_6887.jpeg

Wow Thomas, what does that vintage Avon smell like? Does it remind of any recent splashes?

Today and yesterday I used the (considering price to wonderfulness ratio) very best razor that Gillette ever made IMHO: The Rocket Flare Tip. I love that thing!

20201212_140032.jpg

Razor: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

View attachment 1194592

Razor: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Awesome. I too have that exact brush in that wonderful faux sapphire blue. Have to say that I love this brush beyond belief - lathers like crazy and soooo soft with those synthetic bristles. How do you find it?

Awesome. I too have that exact brush in that wonderful faux sapphire blue. Have to say that I love this brush beyond belief - lathers like crazy and soooo soft with those synthetic bristles. How do you find it?
Let's just say that it has changed how I view brushes in general and synthetics in particular. Soon after using the Duke I bought a Chubby 3 in synthetic, but I don't like it as well. The handle does not fit me. I adore my Duke!

Top Bottom