What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Wow Thomas, what does that vintage Avon smell like? Does it remind of any recent splashes?

Today and yesterday I used the (considering price to wonderfulness ratio) very best razor that Gillette ever made IMHO: The Rocket Flare Tip. I love that thing!

I have two vintage Avon's, the Wild Country and Leather. They are so unique I cannot describe them. They are strong when applied and fade over an hours time. They are perfect for winter and are cheap here in the US. You can get a full bottle for under $20, likely closer to $10 in some crazy bottle. My Leather came in a bottle shaped like the US capital and the Wild Country in a lighthouse (or vice versa). Neither bottle shape made sense to the scent, but that's how they were selling them back in the 60's and 70's. If you don't like them, you can always PIF!

Sat 19th K. Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim N4 (Max Setting)
Blade JAWS Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Super lather from this magnificent soap! Creamy, slick, and really nice grassy/herbal scent!
Shave with razor paired with the blade at max setting 9 for 3passes was very nice and enjoyable. So smooth and comfortable with no issues at all for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
The blade is very good and makes a huge difference.
20201219_124309.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1907 Model Single Ring
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20201016_083100.jpg

Razor: Gillette Old Type Single Ring, 1909, silver plated - second use
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Sat 26th Gillette Weekend
Soap Cella
BrushYaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor Gillette Rocket HD Monobloc
Blade
Sword Viking's Sword 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Old Spice Original
Lather from the soap was thick creamy slick with a mild scent.
Wanted a mild shave and this razor paired with the blade gives exactly that. Auto cruising smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a surprisingly efficient result of mostly bbs to dfs. Very enjoyable. Excellent aftershaves.
Rating 9.7/10
20201226_113450.jpg

Top Bottom