What's new

King Gillette Weekend

It is a soaker here in St. Louis, MO USA today. Have no fear, King Gillette Weekend is here!

Gillette NEW Deluxe 15mm by way of @KeenDogg (thank you, Adam!)
Gillette Nacet Razor Blade
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 200 w/ Manchurian Fan
Old Spice Original Shulton Aftershave

IMG_4375 2.jpeg

I said it last week with my Gillette Pre-War FrankenTech/Tabac and I can echo that sentiment today... one could use this Gillette NEW Deluxe along Mitchell's Wool Fat and be content for life. A great overall pairing today with the Ever Ready 200 and Old Spice Original Shulton.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It is a soaker here in St. Louis, MO USA today. Have no fear, King Gillette Weekend is here!

Gillette NEW Deluxe 15mm by way of @KeenDogg (thank you, Adam!)
Gillette Nacet Razor Blade
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 200 w/ Manchurian Fan

View attachment 1051636

I said it last week with my Gillette Pre-War FrankenTech/Tabac and I can echo that sentiment today... one could use this Gillette NEW Deluxe along Mitchell's Wool Fat and be content for life. A great overall pairing today with the Ever Ready 200 and Old Spice Original Shulton.

You're welcome! Glad it is working out niceley for you! I have a butterscotch 200 in my den as well! We are in the midst of rain here too, but it's set to be a balmy 60 degrees. Keep wishing me luck on my DR, there is something on the horizon!

Love the shot! Keep em coming.

Kind Regards!

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Two Kings
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

This was my first shave with a red tip and I now know why this razor is so well liked. I predict this will be one of my favorite DE razors.
20200110_093704.jpg

Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge soap
Brush: Omega 10290 Boar
AS: Skin Bracer

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
That is a beauty Dan! Is yours gold plated? It appears to be in mint condition. Very nice. I might have to reconsider a Bulldog in 2021 when the Sabbatical is complete.
Thanks, Tom. It’s yellow brass — most of the plating is gone — but at a steep angle, it gives a very smooth and nimble shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200111

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!

shave 20200111.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: Cremo
Brush: Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby, 26mm "Full Moon" Synthetic
Soap: WCS PEAR-BRRR SHOPPE Duckfat Soap
Bowl: Timeless Blue
Razor: Gillette Old Type, CG Brass Handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Post-shave: Crystal Alum Stick; Dickinson's Hydrating Skin Toner
Aftershave Balm: Duke Cannon w/Menthol
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

WTG, ATG and XTG. Minor touch-up and buffing.

DFS++ with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

This Old Type is such a great razor! Fixing the corners (thank you @Esox) really transformed it. I can use a steep angle (preferred) or, where needed, a medium shallow angle and the Old Type still mows down the whiskers. Definitely has a place in the Top Tier of my razors.

Fourth shave with the @Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby, 26mm "Full Moon" Synthetic. Not only is it a wonderful face lathering brush, it also whips up a great bowl of lather and makes it easy to paint it evenly to my beard. Excellent all around brush.

This combination of Hardware and Software delivered a really smooth, comfortable, top-flight shave! :)

YMMV

Razor: Gillette 1960 F4 Fatboy Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Dr. Jon's Black Label
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200117_132533.jpg

Today I used my recently acquired Gillette 1905 Double Ring for the first time. As I often mention, I am from St. Louis, MO, USA. In the year 1904, St. Louis hosted the World's Fair (Louisiana Purchase Exposition) and the first modern day Olympics outside of Greece (Games of the III Olympiad). It is really hard to imagine the razor I used today was made just a year after the following picture was taken. This image an ariel view of the fair in 1904, taken from a hot air balloon, is of St. Louis' great Forest Park where the World's Fair and Olympics were held.

Worlds Fair.jpg

Fast forward 116 years and the following picture, my King Gillette Weekend set up. If you were to walk less than a half a mile from where my SOTD picture was taken today (my home), you will be in St. Louis' great Forest Park where the above picture was taken. History is a constant wonder to me and why I love the Gillette Double Ring. To imagine where this razor has traveled in the past 115 years.

IMG_4430.jpeg

Gillette 1905 Double Ring Razor
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 200 with RV Manchurian Fan Knot

Wishing everyone a great King Gillette Weekend, wherever you may be!

Last edited:
Top Bottom