What's new

King Gillette double edge razor at low price

I was in our local Wal-mart two days ago. Apparently they are closing out their King Gillette double edge razors. The normal price I have seen is around $30. They are marked for $6. The box includes five blades. Some other King Gillette products are also heavily discounted.

Must be a local thing, I went to my area 2 stores by coincidence this week (I have avoided them now); and checked shaving stuff and Gillette stuff was absent in one and the other just at the exorbitant prices.

$6 is a STEAL.... get em while you can

Must be a local thing, I went to my area 2 stores by coincidence this week (I have avoided them now); and checked shaving stuff and Gillette stuff was absent in one and the other just at the exorbitant prices.

$6 is a STEAL.... get em while you can

I have a couple of razors that work really well for me. One is aluminum with a screw stud of real stainless steel, and will last a very long time. (I made it myself.) At my age, I doubt I will live longer than 15 years, if that. I decided it is a good price only if I need it. I do not.

A review of Amazon at Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Gillette-Heritage-Inspired-Double-Safety-Razor/product-reviews/B07XPRRV9Y found an interesting video. You may have to scroll a bit to find it. Will NOT be ordering one of these.
Interesting: I have one of these + 1 I got my bro.....both are just FINE (they are very mild but 3 pass shave will be top notch with no irritation). I do 2 with other razors....I am more of an OC guy. I also have the other new Gillette razor and it's OK. Heads supposedly made in Germany?
I wonder if this guy in the video got the V2 or V3 ..... chinaman special..... maybe that is why they are defective and going for $7 now.

Isn't that video about the Heritage razor, and not the King C. Gillette Razor?
Not sure. Basically, I but CDH blades from Walmart when I need them in a pinch. Based on Walmart's "get everything from China whenever possible" philosophy, I do not expect much in the way of quality and the first ting I think with regards to DE razors is a rebranded Weishi. I had the opportunity to examine one of those Walmart TTO razors a few years back. It was a rattle trap. The video is definitely a Gillette heritage. Either way, the Gillette name on a product of that quality sends red flags off in my mind.

Top Bottom