What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Frustrated tonight. I mentioned about needing to get chain lube for the bike and I got the you're putting a lot of money in the bike. .... The lube is about 10 dollars. Besides the bike I bought a electric car pump and a mount for my phone to keep track of my rides and speed...... The being on board with eating healthy comes and goes. Sometimes my wife is my worst enemy in this battle.

Try using wife_math(tm).... it isn't $10 for the lube you are avoiding $50 by not taking it to the shop. I won't even mention the benefit of spending quality time with the bike so you know what is "normal" and what isn't (saving even more in the future). Doing what you can do to maintain the bike not only saves in not having to pay someone else to do work. It also puts you in a much better position to judge the quality of a shops work and makes it less likely to get taken by a shop trying to scam you

BTW, I will warn you that taking a bike into the shower to clean it can cause SWMBO to become unreasonably agitated and hostile. (DAMHIK)

Last edited:
Rode to and back home on my bike. Almost 4 miles round trip. I am very sore. Going downhill is easy. 2 miles uphill is rough.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
proxy.php

Keep it up brother. I bought a new Norco trail bike two summers ago and love it. The Mrs. was not keen on it, until she noticed I was biking to work daily and leaning out in the process. Sometimes you just need to put yourself first.

Top Bottom