What's new

Keeping Track

Hello,

Today I received a batch of blades from Tryablade.com and I'll begin testing them in the next couple of weeks. I think I got 6 or 7 blades (2 blades each) of the most popular DE blades. How do you guys keep track of the process? I am thinking I'll leave a small notebook nearby and write down the shave characteristics for each blade as I use them, and how many shaves per blade I receive before it starts getting too dull. Since I only shave every 2-3 days this is going to take a while. Does this sound about right, or should I do anything a little differently?

Thanks
Cliff

I use an app called Shave Buddy. It's not great but it allows me to scroll through past shaves and see what I used.
Thanks Crazy Chester, I rarely even turn my cell phone on, but I might try this app. How's Jack the Dog?

Thanks
Cliff

I am also using Excel. I'm testing blades like it is formula 1 qualifying with three rounds. 10 blades in Q1, 2 shaves each, 5 are eliminated. 5 blades in Q2, 4 shaves each, 2 eliminated. 3 blades in Q3, as many shaves as I can per blade.

Keep a notecard on the back of the medicine cabinet door. Make tally marks for each type of blade.

indefinite-1.jpg

"I'm here indefinitely."

Thank you, BigJ. I'm just OCD enough I might do the same. By the way, I'm in Seattle, also. Know of any good antique shops where one can find vintage razors?

Cliff

Top Bottom