What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

IMG_0731.jpeg

•Aluminum Overlander x Gillette Ninja

A+ shave
The Gillette performed in a way that made me feel good about paying $31 for 100 of them, ha! Ultra sharp, ultra smooth. Remarkable performance.

Lately my best shaves have happened when using Lider and I’m starting to think the Lider is playing a more significant role than I initially thought…

IMG_4939.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Aluminum Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Barbershop
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Briar Handle 26mm Cashmere Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Barbershop AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. An excellent shave!

April 29, 2024 Monday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (2)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

This was a three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation. Super close and comfortable.
The Personna Lab Blue has been producing excellent shaves.
The Yaqi badger brush improved on the second shave and it seems to be a winner.
This was an absolutely fabulous shave!

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_29_24.jpg

Received an email saying the orange anodizing is the last step before an aluminum Overlander is sent to my household.
Woah woah woah, stop the press-

You mean a completely orange Overlander? Or do you mean an orange plate?

As much as I dislIke the mismatched colors, I’m tempted to get a black n orange Overlander as that’s my favorite color combination.
I even have a black dog with an orange collar laying in my lap as I speak 😄

IMG_4943.jpeg

But a completely orange Overlander… I didn‘t even know that was possible!

Razor: Overlander aluminum
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo
Croap: Omega Via Barberia 2 Herbae "Shaving Cream"
Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel + Rooster's Nest Bourbon Bay Rum

Nothing beats the Overlander so far. The blade and soap are good though they won't be displacing my top tier. Rooster's Nest is delicious and warm; I'll keep it around for the rare occasion when I need reminding of what scents are all about.

•Overlander with a Nacet
•Geo F Trumpers Lime shave cream (from a sample)
•AP Shave G5C brush

I had a negative opinion of the Nacet, due to finding it kind of rough and grabby in my first razor.

I’ve now used it in both the Overlander & Bison and it’s been excellent.
I think it preforms a little better in the Bison, but different soaps could be a factor in that. Regardless, great blade and I can see why it’s a favorite of many members here.

View attachment 1835702
Quick question for you... I've seen a few rare posts of that brush and I can't figure out from the pictures... Is it semi transparent, translucent or a solid body? In your pic it looks solid... In one other, it seems transparent.

Regardless, it's a beautiful brush. Still, I'm curious what it really is. Thanks!

May 3, 2024 Friday shave

Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Razorock New York
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm G5A (2)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

This was a three pass shave. The Overlander / Personna Lab Blue combination has been top notch, super close and very comfy.
The AP Shave Co. brush is a very good brush.
No drama, no irritation. It's a great way to start the weekend!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_03_24.jpg

Quick question for you... I've seen a few rare posts of that brush and I can't figure out from the pictures... Is it semi transparent, translucent or a solid body? In your pic it looks solid... In one other, it seems transparent.

Regardless, it's a beautiful brush. Still, I'm curious what it really is. Thanks!
It’s solid. When I use a flash it tends to reflect in some spots which almost makes it look translucent I think

May 5, 2024 Sunday shave

Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger (4)
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

This was an easy and comfortable three pass shave. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
Once again, the Overlander / Personna Lab Blue combination is excellent.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_05_24.jpg

May 7, 2024 Tuesday shave

Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Soap: Razorock XXX
Brush: AP Shave Co. G5A
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

This was another stellar shave with the Overlander and Personna Lab Blue. No drama, no irritation.
Today was the first use of the Razorock XXX soap. It performs very well and was a bargain at $5 during the recent sale. Lovely soap!

11/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 05_07_24.jpg

Order restored! The Kai blade and a lighter touch generated a stellar three pass head shave. Not many of my razors can do ATG on my neck without irritation so I usually skip it, but the Overlander sure can. I've started to skip wiping it off after cleaning it, and it's quickly developing a nice patina!

1000018216.jpg

full

Karve Overlander Al w/ProjectX Handle | Personna Comfort Coated (8th Use) | Semogue SOC Premium Latherhog | Stirling Orange Chill | Floid The Genuine | Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

Another fantastic shave with the Overlander. The aftershave gave me a little burn on my pinky finger, ... where I had a paper cut. No reaction on my face though. :) 💯:thumbsup:

full

Karve Overlander Al w/Project X Handle | Personna Comfort Coated (9th Use) | Stirling's High Mountain White Badger | McD Vetyver | Mennen Skin Bracer | Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

I want to use my Bison but I don't want to break a great trend. The Personna blade is on a roll. :) Another fantastic Overlander shave. Although, a slight burn from the aftershave. Other than that ... no drama at all. 💯:thumbsup:

Top Bottom