What's new

Just tried Mitchell's for the first time.

Connought has it for 25 bucks + ship. Not bad for the best soap plus a bowl?

Posts like these don't help my with acquisition disorder.

Question on MWF, I have pretty hard water, now I've heard this can be a problem with it, but I use a water filter jug for all my shaving needs, will this "soften" the water up enough to produce a good lather, or do you think I should steer clear?

I have hard water too, but don't have a problem.

My technique is to put a few drops of warm water on the puck, have a shower, then return to The Fat work up the lather.

I once forgot to put the water on beforehand, and the lather suffered, so I think it definitely needs a little "softening up" time.

Connought has it for 25 bucks + ship. Not bad for the best soap plus a bowl?

ARgh! There goes some AD kicking in! It is a damn fine looking bowl, and ceramic as well. *sigh* I think I prefer the one I'm using, the lid is a lot tighter and sealed, keeps the puck from drying out as fast since the Fat doesn't get used much more than once a week in the rotation.

as with mike above we have the same water..

the way i got the soap to work is put a small amount of hot/warm water over the soak have a bath/shower.soak brush in warm/hot water at the same time as the soap,
get out normal prep of face, now the brush has soaked wile the brush is still loaded with water warm/hot load the brush with some soap the hold the brush so the excess water can run out of the brush, load the brush again with soap and this time you will see lather appearing on the puck, lathe in a bow/face and enjoy your shave:)

now heres the but YMMV

love the stuff, one of my favourite soaps, i read some where that the way to get a realy good lather with mwf is to use cold/lukewarm water on brush, when bowl lathering using this method i have got to say it works well.

Used MWF again yesterday after a month away from it because I used it so much on vacation I am wondering why I even have any other soaps

proxy.php

I would go as far to say that the people who think they have an allergic reaction to lanolin actually have razor burn from a bad lather/shave.

Used a MWF sample this morning, but I think I had a reaction, It started to burn before I ever put blade to face...

Loved the lather, but face is still on fire after wiping it off.

Top Bottom