What's new

Just ordered a Mastro Livi

Kato1...

Congratulations on getting something you were looking forward to owning. You will probably get a lot of good use out of it. I have seen some of his work that is very nice.

The nerve of that redneck! He should be ashamed. :mad: But I think he told me that he paid more like $22 for the steel and a little more for shipping, so apparently he isn't a very good shopper in addition to being a worm bucket.

I don't want to get too defensive here, but I do need to say I pondered with lengthy consideration before attaching a price to that specific razor. I think I invested more time in that razor than I have with some of my full customs. Most of what the buyer will be paying for is having the thing tricked out. It was not a standard regrind, nor are those scales anywhere near being close to average replacements. Allow me to put a brighter bulb in some of your lamps.

We all have the ability to go to the art store to purchase a canvas, a brush, and some paint. Our costs can vary, depending on whether we add a sable brush or a synthetic brush to the cart. The bottom line is what the artist can do with the raw materials that he has. Some folks paint like Piccaso and others like Norman Rockwell with the rest of the folks winding up in the middle. The point is that a brush and some paint may not cost a lot, but the finished painting can wind up costing some big bucks. And actually, trust me when I say that specific razor is better than any of the others I have sold in the past 3 months at any price on my site.

I do understand the query and confusion some of y'all may have on that razor, though. It's kinda like going to the art gallery with a friend who is awstruck by what they see all the while you are looking around saying... "Whut!"

Kato1: Like Mr. Ellis I too want to congratulate you on getting something you wanted. And if I had the money to spend, I know exactly which tricked out Wapi I would buy.

I think the example of the Ellis Wapi is a great example of what a real craftsman can do with "plain" materials. (As an aside, from what I can see, I think Mr. Ellis more than a craftsman, I think he's an artist.)

I hope that you enjoy your Livi the way I would enjoy owning an Ellis Wapi.

To Mr. Ellis: well said sir. And if I can ever afford to buy one of your custom razors, I will.

Top Bottom