What's new

Just had to share - my $4 GEM

So since I was having too much fun buying DE's a nice B&B member decided it would be a fun trick to PIF me an SE a week or so ago, well since then I have of course acquired a few more - and this one just made be grin from ear to ear when I opened it up.

I won this for $3.99 and its absolutely stunning, I wish I was better at pictures to truly show how great it is. It's a complete micromatic, no scratches other than some surface scuffs, the case is perfect no chips or cracks and has the used and new blade holders - plus a few double edged blades!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I did some basic cleaning of the razor, just need to attend to the case a bit now.

Hate to break it to you but that razor is in the wrong case. The case is indeed for a Micromatic, but that razor is not a micromatic, it is a 1912. Still a nice score, you just need to find a micromatic to put in that case.

Just unscrewed the head and realized that it was 1912, all good now I do need to find the micromatic to go in there.

Nice snag!

I'm pretty sure those blades won't work in the 1912. They were ASR's answer to Gillette's claim that their blades last twice as long because they had two shaving edges.

I'm pretty sure those blades won't work in the 1912. They were ASR's answer to Gillette's claim that their blades last twice as long because they had two shaving edges.

Correct. Those blades have no spine, and thus won't work in the 1912 which utilizes the spine to "clamp" the blade in place.

Besides that fact, eons old carbon blades are for the most part not worth shaving with anyway.

Enjoy the 1912. I just started saving with a 1912 and love it. They make a great sound when you shave with them.

For $4 you bought yourself a nice 1912 that you'll love. Plus an incentive to buy an open comb micromatic for the case. You'll love the OCMM too. Nice score

Love my GEM Damaskeene 1912:thumbup1:

I used mine yesterday for the first time - at the time I honestly couldn't tell the difference between a Damaskeene and a regular 1912, but almost 12 hours later and I have very little stubble, so I must have gotten an excellent shave.

Could have been the Arko too :001_cool:

"I used mine yesterday for the first time - at the time I honestly couldn't tell the difference between a Damaskeene and a regular 1912, but almost 12 hours later and I have very little stubble, so I must have gotten an excellent shave.

Could have been the Arko too"

The 1912 & Arko is a first rate combo!

DD

Top Bottom