What's new

Just finished my 4th double edge shave.

I'm new here and want to say hello. After many years of shaving electric, I decided a few months ago to go back to wet shaving. The beard is getting a little too gray and the stubble is not so nice anymore. I started with Harry's and it is fine as far as it goes, but after reading a lot here and elsewhere, I took the plunge and went double edge. I bought a late 40s Gillette Tech gold tone on eBay and ordered a sampler pack of blades, an Omega boar brush, some soap from Omega and some Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream.

After a few less than ideal tries, this morning I think I finally started to figure it out. This was the best shave I have ever had (and I've been shaving for almost 40 years). The lather from the Taylor's I finally got right, and with a new Astra blade in my Tech, I see what all the hype is about.

Anyway, from the look of things, this could become a new, expensive addiction.:w00t:

Glad to be here, and thanks for all of the advice that you didn't even know you were giving me.

Hello and welcome, dstiles. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Glad to hear it's working out! It will definitely become an addiction, but it's so fun - worth every penny.

Welcome to Badger & Blade and to the world of DE shaving! Congrats on your success so far. It just keeps getting better from here on out. :thumbup1:

It has been three years for me, and I still am so happy to be enjoying shaving, and getting great shaves with a double edge razor! :thumbup:

Welcome to B & B and the Rabbit Hole of Aquisition Disorders:lol:

proxy.php

Congrats!
I didn't start out with a Tech, but now I have two pre war Tech heads and one post war Tech head that I am absolutely loyal to.

Welcome!!!
Now all you need is one of each of the superspeed models, the other tech models, a NEW, OLD, Slim, fatboy and Super adjustable....
Then you can start looking do aristocrats, sheratons, and maybe move on to the English versions of the superspeeds...
I joke. But truly welcome.
You might want to check out maggards for handles that fit on the tech. Totally will change the experience and they're stainless steel.
Welcome to the most fun (and practical) hobby in the world.

Top Bottom