What's new

just a quick review of Burt's Bees

a quick review on Burts Bees Bay Rum shave soap and balm. the soap lathers well and has a plesent aroma as does the balm the soap how ever lacks in slickness and coushining the lather colapsed and my face and this was after a showerand my face was clean and i used the bloom water as a preshave face conditioner. After one pass i called it quits for the night my face was on fire. i had a new blade in my MR5 v2. i've used this soap when i was using cartriges and desided to try it with DE. The one saving grace was the blam no wonrd thay sell the two together the witch hazel and other esential oils shure calmed the face down and eased the burn. I will be using the balm again just hope i can find it with out the soap.:blushing:

Thanks for posting. Keep at the shaving and then in a few months (or more) revisit the Burt's Bees Bay Rum. As your technique improves, some of the "bad" soaps and creams we have, all of a sudden are great. Again, thanks for posting!

I've used this soap quite often with success with Boar and Badger brushes. The secret to using this soap is to rub the moistened puck directly onto your face and neck, like a shave stick, while adding a few drops of "Kiss my Face" directly to the brush. If you like to face lather, then this soap works nicely. Using this puck in a shaving bowl to create lather will be fruitless. This soap is no longer in production most likely due to the price and poor results reported from bowl later experts. I've got a few more bars left in my stash and use them when I want a close shave with an open comb razor. If you have this soap.....try applying a nice film to your face and neck with a nice wet puck, then apply cream to the brush. Cheers!

I had the Burt's Bees Natural Shave Cream. It's the only shaving product I have ever thrown in the garbage, because it was totally useless for shaving and the sharp almost medicinal scent was too unpleasant for me to want to keep it as handsoap (not that it was a great handsoap anyway).

Someone later kindly pointed out to me that "Burt" as drawn on the label has a full bushy beard, so he maybe wasn't the best person to turn to for assistance in getting close, comfortable shaves... I think they had a point...

I've used the Burt's Bees hand salve for years; it's very good. However I won't touch their shaving products with a bargepole again.

Top Bottom